User Stats

Votes
Ryan Knapp
Votes |
Is Dallas Fort Worth overheated?

Ryan Knapp
Posted Sep 9 2019, 16:39

Hey Bigger Pockets gang, 

I'm looking to start long distance investing in Forth Worth TX with the ultimate goal of BRRRing to build cash flow and equity and need your help! 

Currently I don't have much but I think I can make it work - I got 7k in the bank, an 800 credit score, and I've binged about 6-8 audiobooks. 

I also run a small business for some local entrepreneurs and understand how to manage people. I take photographs professionally and understand digital marketing as well.

My wife, baby, and I live in San Diego where I was raised although my wife is originally from Texas - Fort Worth to be exact. She's a true Texan at heart and we get to visit often. After many visits I couldn't help but love the place as she does and also feel like there might be some opportunity there. We did find a place for 350k in San Diego once - come to find out it was half burned down, literally!

Forth Worth seems to be a great place to start a business and I've noticed a lot of entrepreneurial energy is there. New coffee shops, retails, businesses big and small. Lots of blue collar work and hard working, real people which I appreciate. I'm from eastern San Diego and it actually reminds me a lot of home. Prices have risen I know but they're still dirty cheap compared out here. 

Is there still opportunity in Fort Worth? Is this a market that any one has seen success in? What are some specific neighborhoods? Is Meadowbrook an area I should pay attention to? I'm looking for strong opinions and to start making connections there. 

Appreciate you folks.

Best, 

Ryan 

Loading replies...