Real Estate Investing for Expats

14 Replies

Hi. I am an expat working in Dubai, I am eager to start and currently learning and learning more about real estate investing to be financially independent in the future.

Is it possible for an expat to start investing in real estate and buy properties in their home country while working abroad? Which strategy to use and which type of properties to buy? What are your advices and suggestions?

Thanks! 🙂

@Anne Villanueva you can search turnkey on the podcast archives and start by listening to those interviews. I've done a few turnkey interviews as well. You can also research providers. A few of the bigger ones are Norada Real Estate, Mid South Home Buyers, and Memphis Invest. As with all real estate, due diligence is still important with turnkey investing!

Originally posted by @Anne Villanueva :

Hi. I am an expat working in Dubai, I am eager to start and currently learning and learning more about real estate investing to be financially independent in the future.

Is it possible for an expat to start investing in real estate and buy properties in their home country while working abroad? Which strategy to use and which type of properties to buy? What are your advices and suggestions?

Thanks! 🙂

Are you a Filipina OFW living in Dubai inquiring about investing in the Philippines (you wrote "home country")?

@Matthew McNeil Hello, yes im an OFW. I am very much eager to start real estate investing and buy property here in dubai for rental since I work here or in the Philippines but I don't know how to start. Last year I bought a pre-selling condo and I am planning to flip/sell it in two years or three. And now, my target is to find a property that would create cashflow for me.

@Matthew McNeil Hello, yes im an OFW. I am very much eager to start real estate investing and buy property here in dubai for rental since I work here or in the Philippines but I don't know how to start. Last year I bought a pre-selling condo and I am planning to flip/sell it in two years or three. And now, my target is to find a property that would create cashflow for me.

Try this link; https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Thanks! 🙂

Many investors from OOS or overseas tend to invest in Turnkeys where everything has been renovated and it is managed for you. The idea is to make sure it is all done by the same company. It should be very passive for you.

@Anne Villanueva As stated by some others, turnkey investing is the way to go unless you decide to invest directly in Dubai. IF you want to do TK investing in the US as an expad (non citizen, non-permanent resident) there are a bunch of rules but I am in your situation (from Germany) and could help you if you like. I own 9 turnkey rentals in the US.

@Anne Villanueva It is too complex to write in a post here. I would suggest to schedule a call, determine exactly what you want to do and then see how I might be able to help you, assuming you decide to invest here. I'll be happy to arrange a call. Feel free to PM me

@Anne Villanueva

I'm trying to do the same only I want to eventually become an expat so I'm buying my properties now and plan to live our the country part time However I am buying out of state and I am relying on agents and eventually will be looking for a partner