How Did You Get Started?

1 Reply

Hey everyone,

I am now a 20 year old that has recently been interested in learning about real estate. But, I am currently in college and working a minimum wage job in order to pay some of the bills I currently have. I have been trying to learn more about real estate in my spare time, but I am not really sure where to start. I would appreciate it if some of you all told me how your journeys started and any tips you would have for someone trying to start out like me!

Hey Thomas, I'd recommend searching the Starting Out Section of the forum and read the advice that others have given. Also, if you haven't yet then start listening to the podcasts (the earliest 50 are better for learning the starting out positions), find some good books, and work on a knowledge base. When more time becomes available for you and/or you're ready to increase your REI eduction, then go to local meetup groups in your area. There's a lot of power in getting out there and talking to people.

A couple of good books for starting out: Brandon Turners Book on Rental Property Investing is good, Rich Dad Poor Dad by Kiyosaki, ABC's of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy (I haven't read it but it is often recommended).

Good luck and keep connecting with people - this is a relationship business!