USPS is reporting the LLC PO Box is not our business address

USPS is reporting the LLC PO Box is not our business address

Rocky Mountains · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hi, We have a old neighbor that has become obsessed with my girlfriend and is stalking us here in Colorado. Which brings me to our questions.

USPS is reporting that our LLC PO box address is not our physical address to the state. We moved for obvious reasons while we continue our investment search. We are being forced to send the correct address via letter which will mean our address can be made public again soon.

We tried to hide the address on the LLC as we have been threatened with death by hit and run on multiple occasions even followed to work by this person.

How do we avoid giving away our address to be given away publicly?

Since our safety is more important then a LLC could we close the LLC and run without one or change our names in order to get new LLC without messing up our taxes for the year?

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
6y

@Ryan W. I believe in every state an LLC Must have a physical address where service can be accomplished and received by a live person.

You could always use/pay a small sum for, a Registered Agent service, or use your attorney. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bob NortonPro Member
    Accountant · Slidell, LA · Member since 2019 · 382 posts · 272 votes
    6y

    @Ryan W. Get a mailbox at a UPS Store.  They work the same as a PO Box, but have a street address.  You would state your address as a Suite at the UPS Store location.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    You may be required to have a physical address for service of process. You can hire someone to accept service on your behalf.

  • Rocky Mountains · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Thanks everyone! Great suggestions. You have been a big help.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    @Ryan W. I believe in every state an LLC Must have a physical address where service can be accomplished and received by a live person.

    You could always use/pay a small sum for, a Registered Agent service, or use your attorney. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Ryan W.

    Registered agents are very inexpensive, especially if you just use them for service of process. You can also use them for mail forwarding if you'd like.

    Additionally, make sure you pursue all of your legal options including criminal complaints if you haven't already.

  • Rocky Mountains · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y
    Hi, thank you very much. I will find a registered agent.
  • Rocky Mountains · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Yes I found some agents and they are a great price. I researched this before and didn't see anything about this so I am very glad I asked. Thank you so much. 

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    6y

    I use a UPS store for our address.

    Funny story, My first partner really wanted an office. I thought he was crazy because we did not have a large enough business to justify the expense. So after I opened the PO box at the UPS store I called my partner. 

    I said "Bill I know we didn't talk about this first but I went ahead and rented an office." 

    He said "where" and I said on "Guilford Rd."

    He said "I have to call you back"

    He calls me back a few hours later and asks "I am over on Guildford Rd, where is our office?"

    I said "fourth row down 2nd box over"  LOL

    A UPS store is a legit address because the store owner is there to accept service certified mail. Keep in mind if he gets certified mail you are considered Sserved" for legal purposes. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.