Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Daniel S.
Votes |
Getting "In" and Creating A Career?

Daniel S.
Posted Nov 12 2019, 10:09

I want to get into Real Estate, specifically Multifamily investing. (although, considering my position,I'm wondering if I should start with single family to four plex range?.. because 12 units at 100k/unit would be 1.2M needing ~400k down which I don't have access to right now.)

I was in university for accounting, hurt my back and then decided that I did not want to pursue accounting. Spent a good amount of time rehabbing myself. So now I'm 24, no equity, no "formal" education. 

I have studied a lot of online courses in various subjects (psychology, marketing, advertising, Tony Robbins, Sam Ovens, etc.). I've been following Grant Cardone and learning a lot from his content. I purchased his Real Estate Course ($10K, no I did not pay anywhere near that but did purchase it from him directly) and studied that - it really helped me understand a lot more! I can underwrite a commercial property. 

Growing up I watched and helped my dad rehab houses. I've been there when he got a house, completely gutted the entire thing and reno'ed it on his own in about 30-40days, everything above code. I can walk most neighbourhoods and look at a house and tell you within 15-20k what it costs without going into detail on it. I know how much various repairs cost. (My dad just does not do that anymore, getting older, works a completely different job, has no interest in doing this again.)

Now I'm considering if I should get more hands on mentoring where I live. I was looking at Rockstar Real Estate (Rockstar Inner Circle) (In Toronto), they have a membership which includes learning and mentoring. But I'm not sure how that would translate or help with my barrier to entry?

Ideally I could get a job in the field and learn and make some money. But honestly, in the right vehicle I'd work for free.

Loading replies...