Looking for a way in!!

9 Replies

I live in the orlando area and am a big fan of the bigger pockets podcast and am certain I want to get started learning about real estate. I've heard some people have gotten started by by simply working one or two days a week and just dont know where in orlando I could do something like that. If anyone has any information please lmk!

Thank you!

It depends on what you want to concentrate on, RE-wise. If you're looking to be a wholesaler, call a wholesaler and ask if they're looking for part time help.

Or if you want to learn multi-family, try and get a job at a property management company or multi-family investor that owns or represents apartment buildings (another plus is this is a good way to learn laws, how to landlord and how to adopt successful systems).

Originally posted by @Victor Wheby :

yeah exactly I want want to learn multifamily. So should I just like call property management companies in my area and ask if they are looking for part time help as well?? 

Hi, most definitely. Since you're in a decent-sized market, check Craigslist for property management/multifamily rental companies and there may be some listed (I would check not only under the jobs tab but also the gigs tab). Of course, these are the companies you want to contact first as they're looking to hire (and hopefully they're OK with you working part-time).

In the event you don't see any ads in the Orlando area you can always do a Google search/check Facebook for local property management/real estate companies (or look on Craig's List in the apartments for rent section and reach out to see if they're looking for any part time help). 

Entry jobs tend to be easy, fun work such as showing apartments and once you prove you're a good worker who likes to learn they'll likely give you new responsibilities!

@Victor Wheby I don't know many successful real estate investors that worked only one or two days a week when they started. Most financially successful folks I know worked late nights, early mornings, weekends, holidays, etc. and overtime they created success. 

If you're looking for real estate as a hobby or something to do part-time, I would highly recommend doing something else. It takes a lot of discipline, hard work and determination to be a successful real estate investor. 

That might not be what you want to hear but it's what you need to hear. 

Best of luck!

@Victor Wheby you're right to want to break into the industry. If you're limited in either time and/or money that you can invest, I'd spend at least part of it networking at local REIAs. Here is a local one that seems pretty active. You're certain to find people at these events who need help scaling their business and you could try to fill whatever need they have. 

Big picture though, it's less about the 1 or 2 days a week you commit and more about the long term relationships you forge that will lead to success 

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Kyle Smith :

@Victor Wheby you're right to want to break into the industry. If you're limited in either time and/or money that you can invest, I'd spend at least part of it networking at local REIAs. Here is a local one that seems pretty active. You're certain to find people at these events who need help scaling their business and you could try to fill whatever need they have. 

Big picture though, it's less about the 1 or 2 days a week you commit and more about the long term relationships you forge that will lead to success 

Yes something I read in a book recently was like surround yourself with success and by nature those people will help succeed or motivate you too at least. I recently had a shift in friends. I started hanging out with this pretty successful couple and I'm beginning to see how the relationships you make a difference ....also..:/ what's an REIA? I feel a little silly for asking because I feel like its something everyone knows maybe?lol

@Victor Wheby No worries. Asking questions is how to learn! REIA is an acronym for Real Estate Investor Association. There is at least one REIA in most regions of country. These are great sources of info for your local market and a good way to start networking

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here