Proof of Funds issue

7 Replies

So I was curious what should you do If you are trying to wholesale a property but the seller ask you for proof of funds, but you being the wholesaler you dont have the funds available to show for? where should I go to get one or what should I resort to with the seller? any tips on this?

If you are negotiating with the seller and think there is any chance to work out a deal, you could find a partner(maybe another wholesaler you know or even a friend) for this deal who does have proof of funds. Figure out a way to get it done!

@Chris Montalvo look up transactional lenders. Be upfront and honest, I’m not sure what your pitch was, but I’m sure it wasn’t honest. When considering a wholesale deal it has to be something you are able to take down yourself as it is a GREAT deal, isn’t it? Walk us through the deal/numbers, what strategies are you planing to use? What are your exit strategies? what strategies would the buyer able to use? Are you ready to start wholesaling? Give us a bit more background on your situation so that we could give you better advice.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here