Celebration--- HELOC application in BAM!

3 Replies

I have been reading, chatting, researching, and connecting for a few months now... I currently own my primary home in Maine and another rental in Chattanooga. Today I took the step to actually go to the bank and get that HELOC loan to help fund my first BRRRR. I feel a bit smug because I was able to complete the application and all the necessary documents for the application quickly. I found a local bank in Maine that has a 1-year rate of 2.99 and then 4.75 variable after that. Now the sit and wait for the appraisal.... I'm hoping it will be quicker than usual since it is winter here in Maine.

Congratulations!!! That is a major step under your belt.  Don't be surprised if the appraisal takes a little while longer than you imagine. I currently have 6 homes under contract in southern Maine and the appraisals have been taking longer than usual. It may have something to do with the large amount of people refinancing in the past couple months.

@Jen Whitehead good to know.  I was a little disturbed that the bank sent me a letter advising me of "home counselors" in my area that might be able to help me.  I hope this is just one of the requirements the bank has before they approve the loan.  The bank officer was a little scatter-brained.  I hope she did not misinform the loan officer that I was looking to clear debt or some other cockamamy reason for needing the money.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here