New to Durango; Let's Get Coffee?

4 Replies

Hello, all!

I'm new to Durango, CO and excited to get involved in the real estate investing space here in town.

As for me, I'm primarily interested in buy-and-hold rental properties for cash flow. I've heard Durango isn't the best market for that, but I'm sure other cash flow investors exist - I'd love to find them (you?) and dive into how one translates Durango + low cash flow into a profitable opportunity. Flipping houses does not particularly interest me.

I currently own one duplex in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (my hometown) and intend to continue to invest in this market as well. I'm more than happy to provide local knowledge and insight if out-of-state investing interests you.

I suppose that's a decent overview of my situation. I'd love to learn more about your goals, strategies, and ideas over a cup of coffee. Just send me a message.

Cheers!

Alex

@Alex Whittow you are the first person I have seen here on BP from Durango. I used to live there back in my early 20's as a ski bum. I love that town! I have a long term goal of owning a home there again some day. I would think though that Durango would make a better Short Term Rental Market. I rented for most of the time that I lived there but eventually purchased a townhouse and rented rooms for a couple years before deciding that if I was going to make something of myself I would need to move to a bigger city. If you want any tips on places to eat around there feel free to reach out. Of course the best cup of coffee in town is Durango Joe's. If you ever get to meet Joe (yes he is a real person) drop my name. 

Hey welcome to town. My whole family lives here we are from Milwaukee as well! Cash flow in Durango is tough for sure but there are opportunities out there. I have made a few work w some creativity and a value add of some sort. ADU's, mobile homes, distressed properties to name a few. Mostly I do flips, and am also a local contractor as well. Def reach out if you need anything real estate, construction or otherwise.

@Tyler Gibson Hey Tyler, I appreciate your response. I plan to stay optimistic on Durango and intend to make something work creatively. Also, I've already grabbed that cup of coffee from Joe - it was delicious!

@Jens Nielsen Thanks Jens! I'm looking forward to connecting and speaking more on the 30th as well.

@Brandon Halley Thanks for the warm welcome, and I'm happy to hear of your creative success in town. I'd love to chat more and hear your side of things in further detail, so I have a better idea of how you or I could help in the future. I sent you a private message to connect.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here