Best Locations for flipping

16 Replies

That's great, there are several hot neighborhoods for flipping in Columbus @Anastoshia McCrary ! Southern Orchards, Franklingotn, Merion Village, South of Main are all areas that are seeing a lot of rehabs. 

Even in the outer areas of the Columbus such as Grove City and Canal Winchester there is a strong demand for rentals. If you rehab then make into a rental those are desirable areas to rent. Im sure fix and flip would do well also. Lots of the outer edge cities of Columbus seem to have a huge inventory of homes that need work.

Originally posted by @Sarah Kartsher :

Even in the outer areas of the Columbus such as Grove City and Canal Winchester there is a strong demand for rentals. If you rehab then make into a rental those are desirable areas to rent. Im sure fix and flip would do well also. Lots of the outer edge cities of Columbus seem to have a huge inventory of homes that need work.

Couldn't agree more, grove city is a great place to flip or buy and hold in.

Originally posted by @Anastoshia McCrary :

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking into the Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio market for flipping. Do you all have any suggestions for areas that are good to flip in?

Thanks,

Tosh

Cleveland has been great for flipping for a few years now and it has only gotten better. I would stick to the suburbs where the prices keep rising and so is the rent.

Also, check out: Cleveland Is a House-Flipping Hot Spot, and Covid Adds Fuel

Originally posted by @Anastoshia McCrary :

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking into the Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio market for flipping. Do you all have any suggestions for areas that are good to flip in?

Thanks,

Tosh

Areas are going to depend on your investment criteria. Are you looking for SFH or MUH?

My searching has shown that Cleveland is a tough spot to get a flip property at this exact moment, although I expect that to change once the foreclosure auction opens back up. The rental market is very strong right now and you might want to consider a rehab, rent, and refinance in Cleveland. You won't necessarily have the big pay day but you can build some cash flow while identifying key vendors that you can use in the future. If you are not local I would recommend going through the area with someone who has personally flipped a few houses, neighborhoods can vary vastly from block to block and its worth having a an experienced local investor walk you through some of your top areas. I personally run most of my properties by a couple friends in the business to make sure that I am not missing something specific to the area or property type.

@Prakash Saraf

I want to answer your question but I’m not sure what you’re trying to ask? If you want to flip in various markets, it’s important to find out different things about that market such as a avg DOM, recent new developments,

Flip options in various markets

Hey @Prakash Saraf , locally here in Cleveland most of the flips that I see are from foreclosure sales that happens in person only. You can check for online auctions or at the fanny, Freddie, and HUD websites. The best ones do tend to go fast though so be ready to make offers.

Originally posted by @Prakash Saraf :

@Francois Guerrier

Hey appreciate your response. What I meant was any specific links where you could find flipping deals

The MLS is usually your best bet, especially if you're just starting out.

My 2 cents.... just look for deals. Determine whether it's a flipping deal or a buy and hold deal after the deal is found.