Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes

Need Help Starting! How to invest 150k.

Posted Jul 10 2020, 14:15

Hello! I need help on how to proceed. Totally new to this.

I want to invest into rental property; however, I don’t know where to begin. A few things about me. I filed for chapter 7 last summer and got discharged last Christmas. I know that takes me out of the market till at least December 2021.

Since then I’ve gotten a lot of things together! Finances looking good, did a few investments on social media and other avenues that have led to amazing profit; however, they’re not avenues that are stable and would like to move that money to better investments. Have managed to save close to 100K and expect to be able to save 25-50 more from here to December 2021. Credit Score should be in the 700’s by January 2021.

Now my question is, what would you do? What would you do if you had around 150K to invest two years past chapter 7? What options would I have available? Is 150K enough? Should I save more? Income would be around 70-80K (that’s including my partners income – could be a lot more if she passes her bar exam next year. I’m still 2 and a half years away from my Computer Science major as well.) I’m from northern New Jersey and property in this area is expensive. Have thought of relocating to Florida.

How would you start? Are there any books I should read to acquaint myself? Courses? Anyone I should look to talk too?

Loading replies...