Jamir Walton
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Where should I begin?

Jamir Walton
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Jul 14 2020, 00:42

Hello everyone!

A little bit about myself: I am 24 years old and currently serving as an Active Duty Marine. I'm currently living in Los Angeles, Ca but was born and raised in Georgia. I am new to REI.

Starting with the things I do know, I have the big picture in mind. Ideally, I would like to start with house hacking on the East Coast in the next 2 years. I know that I would be there for 3 years and have time to start growing. After house hacking, I would later move on to buying and holding.

Since beginning my education phase a week ago, I have already learned a lot from the BP podcasts and forums. But the problem I am having is really figuring out where I should begin. Piecing together all of the little things. What should I learn first? What books should I read first? Who exactly should I build relationships with? What strategies are there? How do I analyze properties.... A multitude of questions I’m sure most of you had when first starting out.

I am excited to continue learning as I start my REI journey and look forward to meeting and potentially partnering with some of you in the future!

Loading replies...