• Real Estate Agent
  • Visalia, CA
Votes |
Finally taking action

Dylan Bowman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Visalia, CA
Posted Aug 11 2020, 21:10

I was that person 3 years ago that heard “Learn how to invest in real estate using other people’s money in your spare time”. Long story short I got suckered in to the whole over-hyped dream land of real estate. I thought everything was going to be easy and that it wouldn’t take much work. Some people in the class paid for the one on one training, which was $50,000 at the time.

I gave real estate a shot and I tried to start educating myself, making connections, listening to podcasts etc.. But then I just gave up. I didn’t do anything at all and I just fell off from BiggerPockets. I was that person you see on the site that ask’s one or two questions and disappears.

3 years later it’s 2020. I feel like I’m finally getting my life and my finances in order. I have money saved. My “WHY” is very strong. I want nothing more than to see my kids everyday and not miss out on their entire childhood because I work crazy hours.

So I finally did something about it. I put together my first direct mail campaign. I outsourced it through yellowletters.com. I’ve been driving for dollars and mailing different addresses that fit my criteria. I read almost every day now. Podcasts everyday. Also I’ve been talking to people that actually do this for a living and getting advice from them. I’ve talked to multiple lenders and have been pre-approved, also real estate agents.

My goal is to get a property under contract within the next 6 months or less. I wish you all the best in your real estate investing goals. My advice to everyone starting out. Just “Take Action!”

Loading replies...