Investor friendly brokerages in New Jersey

11 Replies

Look at their listings and see what they're selling and if it's a match.  Resi guys aren't the best (usually) at financial analysis so you prob wouldn't learn that much about investment and more importantly, investors.

If you want to do investment only, call a few comm places for apartments (I'm guessing) since that's all they do and you want to learn.

No brokerages are, in and of themselves, investor-friendly. Some are more friendly on terms and have more leeway. Do you want to use your license just to invest or work with investors or both? I have an investor-focused team at eXp, we suit that niche and we are nationwide with many agents in NJ. But there are also other brokerages that might be better, depending on what you want to do - as in, no big box places will suit what you are looking for.

Reach out via DM if you want the info, it's a 12-page PDF that explains everything, but is a no pitch. Just facts and the why. All of our agents are trained to be investor-friendly.

Originally posted by @Jonathan Greene :

No brokerages are, in and of themselves, investor-friendly. 

Sorry, I disagree.  Some brokerages actually break down the income numbers, scenarios and risk factors.

Some brokerage scrape together a CapRate and call it good.

@Steve Morris that's not usually a brokerage thing, it's usually an agent or team thing, within a brokerage. They may have a breakdown, but brokerages traditionally don't see the value in investor-friendly agents and for this, they are very wrong. But if you know of brokerages who cater to investors, that's good, but more likely they are mom and pop because the big brokerages want it all.

Originally posted by @Jonathan Greene :

@Steve Morris that's not usually a brokerage thing, it's usually an agent or team thing, within a brokerage. 

Well, have a couple of competitors that are exclusively apartments/dev land for same.

Their marketing is targeted at investors along with the mailing list.

However, yes, you can get bad/good brokers in the same firm.