• Rental Property Investor
  • Greer, SC
Votes |
Breaking into the Austin market

Jeremy Robinson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Greer, SC
Posted Apr 11 2013, 14:26

So I am brand new to this, and am just starting to understand a lot of the jargon. I have been reserching, well more watching, the market in Austin for over a year now and really want to start making money through my own makings rather than my military pay. Plus I am out of the service in a year and want to get things moving before I have to go job searching again.

I have been contemplating using my retirement fund (roughly $25,000) to break into the market, but it seems like every potential project I see is already under contract the moment it is posted. My credit it mid 600s, so not good, and I have very little experience. My ultimate goal is to have some duplexs and 4-plexs bringing in some mothly income, while finding flippable houses and doing the majority of the labor myself for maximum profit. At this point I kind of feal scatter-brained, and not real sure in which direction I need to go in order to start as you can probably already tell by reading this. I have watched many hours of how-to videos (where on person told me to never invest with my own money) and read a lot of the forum posts and articles on this, and numerous other sites yet still feel I need more direction. Local face to face "hotel lobby" seminars are things I try to avoid because I want to start something, not help someone else profit. Any direction or advice would be Awesome! Thank you.

Loading replies...