Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
KIran K.
  • Investor
  • Sacramento
Votes |
PEOPLE! HOW THE HECK DO YOU FIND PROPERTIES?!

KIran K.
  • Investor
  • Sacramento
Posted Sep 16 2020, 20:12

Okay so I have listened to BP podcasts almost every day and I know different strategies work for different people. I want to hear from people in California. 

Currently, I am calling into pre foreclosures, tax delinquent, and distressed property owners. I got this list from titlepro24.. out of the 30 people I called - only about 6 answered and 4 of them said they don't want to sell. Here is what I say when I call...

"Hi my name is ___, I am calling about your property located at ____ and was wondering what your plans are with this property. I buy properties for a living, do you have any interest in hearing a fair value offer?" (Would love your help on my scripting too) 

I went door knocking too but the list I have shows houses that are far from each other- it takes about 2 hours just to knock on 5-6 doors. 

I have not tried mailers. If mailers work for you.. what website should I use? What should be my farming criteria? Postcards or letters? What size postcards? How many times should I hit the same house? .... I KNOW IT'S NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE BUT IT WILL HELP IF WE TALK ABOUT MEASURING. 

My team and I are looking for an out of state flip or in california flip. I AM OBVIOUSLY WILLING TO DO THE WORK- JUST NEED A LITTLE BIT OF HELP SO I AM NOT WASTING MY TIME WITH THESE CALLS AND DOOR KNOCKS. 

Thank you in advance for reading. 

Loading replies...