Northwest PA Beginner

4 Replies

I live in a small town in Northwestern PA called Meadville, I am interested in getting my skills and knowledge growing so I have a head start when I turn 18 and start making real money. If you have any helpful things to tell me please go ahead.

@William Scott I have a second home near Meadville and I am familiar somewhat with that area. Work on your education in real estate. Soak up all you can. There is a lot more inventory in the more Urban area Like Pittsburgh but I imaging you can grow a significant portfolio in your area also. Get to know successful investors and do you best to help them succeed. In turn you will learn and they will want to return the favor and help you get started.

Thank you for your feedback @Alex Deacon, I purchased two books yesterday. One on investing in real estate. One on rental properties. I've been researching alot about the areas near me like in Crawford county, Erie county, Venango county, and Mercer county.

Originally posted by @William Scott :

I live in a small town in Northwestern PA called Meadville, I am interested in getting my skills and knowledge growing so I have a head start when I turn 18 and start making real money. If you have any helpful things to tell me please go ahead.

I went to school at Allegheny so am pretty familiar with Meadville. The advantage to you is that there should be some opportunity to buy houses fairly inexpensively when you are ready. To get started I would seek out a local real estate investor and start working for them for free. That's the best way to learn the business. Before doing that though read a few books and start listening to podcasts. The bigger pockets books are great starter material.

I went to school at Allegheny so am pretty familiar with Meadville. The advantage to you is that there should be some opportunity to buy houses fairly inexpensively when you are ready. To get started I would seek out a local real estate investor and start working for them for free. That's the best way to learn the business. Before doing that though read a few books and start listening to podcasts. The bigger pockets books are great starter material.

Thank you for your feedback on my post. I purchased a few books from the bigger pockets catalog on amazon. Are there any podcasts you could recommend me listening to.