Alysha Johnson
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Developing a Plan and Overcoming Fear

Alysha Johnson
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Nov 18 2020, 11:48

Hey there everyone =) 

My name is Alysha and I am currently at the beginning stages of my investing career, remember how scary that time was?! Well the first book I started reading was/is "How to Invest in Real Estate" by Josh Dorkin and Brandon Turner. I'm currently reading about how to overcome fears and step one says to "Develop a plan and work that plan everyday". Hmm, well in total transparency, I don't even know where to start a plan! 

My question for you is, what is your plan that you work everyday? Whether your'e a newbie like me or a big city developer. What are your daily do's? For me, I currently read a lot whether its this book or the forums. But I know or feel I should be doing more. 

In addition, in the same chapter the authors say to "Watch Others" that "by associating with investors who are involved in the same kind of investing you want to get into, you will naturally begin to pick up on the traits that make them successful". With that being said, if there are any investors in the Dallas Fort Worth area, I would love to work for you for free, nights and weekends. =) I am currently really interested in the brrrr strategy however, I do feel like getting my feet wet in any investing would be beneficial. 

Loading replies...