Looking to connect with RE investors in Ohio!

Looking to connect with RE investors in Ohio!

Dubai · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 5 votes

Hey! New here to BP but have been watching the videos and getting ready to purchase our first investment property. We're looking at Cleveland Ohio (open to surrounding areas) and while I've managed to find discussion threads on it, they all seem to date back several years. Would love if someone could point me in the direction of an updated property ranking map and the contact of a tried & tested realtor to get us started. If anyone has good experience with a turnkey company we could be interested in going that route too if it makes sense for us. Also happy to connect with people who know the market well to bounce ideas off of!

Thank you!

4Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Marc RiceBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

@Sabah Mirza

If you’d consider Columbus, Ohio I have a neighborhood map broken down by neighborhood grade for each neighborhood here. I don’t have that for Cleveland as I’m only an agent/investor in Columbus. Make sure to consider the low levels of appreciation and decreasing population in Cleveland for your investment - appreciation is the wealth builder.

@Shane Cloutier are you looking into Columbus at all or only Toledo/Cleveland? I actually grew up in New England so I’m very familiar with the high purchase prices that it’s comprised of, not to mention NH high property tax.

Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

18 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate · Dalton, NH · Member since 2020 · 116 posts · 64 votes
    5y

    Hello @Sabah Mirza, My wife Tameka and I are in the same boat. We have been eyeing Ohio as a possible target for long distance investing. The market here in NH is very limited in inventory as well as being driven higher by the incredible influx of people moving out of the cities.  We were watching https://www.biggerpockets.com/... he works out of Toledo, OH. I know he runs a turnkey business as well as having a book and YouTube channel about investing. 

  • Dubai · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Shane Cloutier how wonderful! I get it, similarly it's impossible to cash flow in Canadian cities or their suburbs. Funny I watched a video of his this morning but didn't realize he was based in Ohio! Thank you for pointing that out & sharing! Would be happy to connect too, to share what I learn given we're looking to do the same thing!

  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Sabah Mirza

    If you’d consider Columbus, Ohio I have a neighborhood map broken down by neighborhood grade for each neighborhood here. I don’t have that for Cleveland as I’m only an agent/investor in Columbus. Make sure to consider the low levels of appreciation and decreasing population in Cleveland for your investment - appreciation is the wealth builder.

    @Shane Cloutier are you looking into Columbus at all or only Toledo/Cleveland? I actually grew up in New England so I’m very familiar with the high purchase prices that it’s comprised of, not to mention NH high property tax.

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • New to Real Estate · Dalton, NH · Member since 2020 · 116 posts · 64 votes
    5y

    @Marc Rice we had not looked yet at Columbus, but we will now. We are following David Greene's Long-Distance Real Estate Investing. So at the moment we are investigating the possible markets and forming connections for the possible team.  

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Sabah Mirza:

    Hey! New here to BP but have been watching the videos and getting ready to purchase our first investment property. We're looking at Cleveland Ohio (open to surrounding areas) and while I've managed to find discussion threads on it, they all seem to date back several years. Would love if someone could point me in the direction of an updated property ranking map and the contact of a tried & tested realtor to get us started. If anyone has good experience with a turnkey company we could be interested in going that route too if it makes sense for us. Also happy to connect with people who know the market well to bounce ideas off of!

    Thank you!

     I would recommend checking out Columbus, Ohio as well! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Shane Cloutier:

    Hello @Sabah Mirza, My wife Tameka and I are in the same boat. We have been eyeing Ohio as a possible target for long distance investing. The market here in NH is very limited in inventory as well as being driven higher by the incredible influx of people moving out of the cities.  We were watching https://www.biggerpockets.com/... he works out of Toledo, OH. I know he runs a turnkey business as well as having a book and YouTube channel about investing. 

    I got started investing in Toledo with Ohio Cashflow. They are a great way to get started in Ohio. 

  • Brandon GoldsmithBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Ohio is a solid market to get into for long-distance investing. Cleveland has its advantages for cash flow but I prefer Columbus for the appreciation and cash flow combination. @Sabah Mirza

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2019 · 147 posts · 156 votes
    5y

    @Sabah Mirza I’m a Clevelander and buy multifamily here. We have a good team and my partner is an agent who’s be more than happy to help you I’m sure. Let me know if you’d like me to connect you and I’d be more than happy to do so! Or answer any questions about Cleveland you may have :) like others have said, you’ll see less appreciation here than Columbus, but in terms of cash flow, it’s a great market. There’s also a lot of stock when it comes to viable investment opportunities that are also affordable. Columbus is a bit more competitive and over pricier. Either way though, I’m a fan of the Ohio markets!

  • Dubai · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Thank you all, I hadn't considered Columbus but will certainly have to look into it now! 

  • Dubai · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Michael Orlando:

    @Sabah Mirza I’m a Clevelander and buy multifamily here. We have a good team and my partner is an agent who’s be more than happy to help you I’m sure. Let me know if you’d like me to connect you and I’d be more than happy to do so! Or answer any questions about Cleveland you may have :) like others have said, you’ll see less appreciation here than Columbus, but in terms of cash flow, it’s a great market. There’s also a lot of stock when it comes to viable investment opportunities that are also affordable. Columbus is a bit more competitive and over pricier. Either way though, I’m a fan of the Ohio markets!

    Hey Michael, would love to connect and chat some more and get to know about your take and experience with the market there! Requests sent!

  • Jonathan StyerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 330 posts · 396 votes
    5y

    Hello @Sabah Mirza, it's great your jumping into real estate investing. Cleveland and Columbus are both great investment markets for different reasons. You will get great cashflow in Cleveland. In Columbus you can get both cashflow and appreciation. I wish you the best!

    Styer Real Estate Professionals4.941 Reviews
  • Dubai · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan Styer:

    Hello @Sabah Mirza, it's great your jumping into real estate investing. Cleveland and Columbus are both great investment markets for different reasons. You will get great cashflow in Cleveland. In Columbus you can get both cashflow and appreciation. I wish you the best!

    Thanks for the input Jonathan! Columbus keeps coming so although it wasn't on our radar initially, we will certainly have to look into it now! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 664 votes
    5y

    Don't over look Columbus OH. Big things happening here!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Sabah Mirza:

    Hey! New here to BP but have been watching the videos and getting ready to purchase our first investment property. We're looking at Cleveland Ohio (open to surrounding areas) and while I've managed to find discussion threads on it, they all seem to date back several years. Would love if someone could point me in the direction of an updated property ranking map and the contact of a tried & tested realtor to get us started. If anyone has good experience with a turnkey company we could be interested in going that route too if it makes sense for us. Also happy to connect with people who know the market well to bounce ideas off of!

    Thank you!



    @Sabah Mirza depends on what youre goals are in investing in RE. I really like Columbus OH because its beginner friendly (in the sense that prices are appreciating so almost anything you buy is worth more the next month) and there is a huge tenant pool to choose renters from.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @Sabah Mirza, it depends on what your goals are in investing in RE. I really like Columbus OH because it's beginner-friendly (in the sense that prices are appreciating so almost anything you buy is worth more the next month) and there is a huge tenant pool to choose renters from.

  • Chris UtterPro Member
    Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 25 posts · 27 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Austin Steed:

    Don't over look Columbus OH. Big things happening here!

     I am a new investor and currently investing in Columbus. I will Echo this! 

  • Real Estate Investor · Cardiff By The Sea, CA · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Sabah, I am about 7 months behind you I guess but am also looking in this market. Did you have any luck or can you give any advice on who you went with?

    Thanks. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.