• New to Real Estate
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Owning Rental Properties as a Travel Nurse

Benny Dong
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Mar 20 2021, 01:43

Hi all, I am currently a Travel Nurse in San Diego, CA. I'm 24 and I've learned quickly that I don't want to be tied down to an hourly job much longer and would rather work when I want but have free time to do what I enjoy on the side. I've been listening to Bigger Pockets for a while now and just recently decided to actually use my BP account. I've considered many different methods including house hacking, BRRRR, multi-family homes, and turnkey properties. I love to travel and don't stay at one place for over a year so that kind of kills the house hacking idea. I plan on staying in California too for the foreseeable future and I definitely don't have the capital nor want to buy my first property here. I am thinking of out of state investing.

I guess what I'm asking here is if anyone can give me tips or guidance on where I should start? I'm thinking now of turnkey properties that I can be pretty hands off on while still getting a positive cashflow each month. I'm looking into turnkey properties in Memphis (Memphis invest) and Jacksonville (JWN) so if anyone has experience working with those companies, feel free to PM me or leave your experience with them below! If anyone has recommendations on good investment areas too, I would love to take a look. I've considered Tampa FL, Las Vegas, and Arizona. I haven't looked into turnkey until recently so I would love to connect with anyone that has had success with turnkey profits. I'm also open to other investment ideas that can help my money work! 

Anything helps an

Loading replies...