Advice for first time house hacking

7 Replies

Hi all, I am new to real-estate and have been diligently educating myself through the bigger pockets podcast and real estate related books. I want to start my real estate journey by house hacking which many of you subscribers have done. I am looking for some insight to a first time investor.  I am located in the Boston area if anyone would be willing to share their knowledge over a cup of coffee. 

Craig, make sure to check out Craig Curelops house hacking book and listen to all the BP and BP Rookie podcasts on house hacking, for sure one of the best ways to get started!

@Craig Titus Congrats on the awesome decision. One of the first steps to take is to figure out exactly where you want to be living. Another is to meet with a Loan Officer to see what you currently qualify for a mortgage. This in turn will help you decipher where you can actually afford to live or what your time line to purchase. Maybe you are ready right now or need 6 more months for reserves. Good luck!

Originally posted by @Patrick Flynn :

@Craig Titus Congrats on the awesome decision. One of the first steps to take is to figure out exactly where you want to be living. Another is to meet with a Loan Officer to see what you currently qualify for a mortgage. This in turn will help you decipher where you can actually afford to live or what your time line to purchase. Maybe you are ready right now or need 6 more months for reserves. Good luck!

Thanks for your advice Patrick. It's nice to see a local realtor give his input. I'm sure sometime in the future we can connect and network with one another. 

Originally posted by @Katie Phillips :

@Craig Titus  I am in California, but I am happy to set up a call to talk about it more if you would like. I have been house hacking for 2 years and most of my clients are also house hackers as well or are working their way towards it. 

Hi Katie, I would love to set up a time to call. Please let me know the best way I can contact you and some times you are free. Greatly appreciated!!

Originally posted by @Craig Titus :
Originally posted by @Katie Phillips:

@Craig Titus  I am in California, but I am happy to set up a call to talk about it more if you would like. I have been house hacking for 2 years and most of my clients are also house hackers as well or are working their way towards it. 

Hi Katie, I would love to set up a time to call. Please let me know the best way I can contact you and some times you are free. Greatly appreciated!!

I'll message you!