Duplexes for Sale in Atlanta

5 Replies

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on sites they would use to purchase a duplex. I am hoping to utilize a FHA loan to house hack and make improvements to the duplex over the next year. Any advice on where to find a good deal would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Hey @Alex Bontz

I would get pre-approved with a local lender first. Once you are pre-approved, you can speak with brokers about what you want to buy. The more specific, the better. Once you're pre-approved, they will know you are serious and not kicking tires. That's the best way to start looking at deal flow.

Hi @Alex

I suggest you pick a farming area on where you want to invest.

REI is super hot in Atlanta especially for MF properties so there are a lot of buyers looking to house hack and competition is stiff w offers over asking in almost most listings. If you are buying with FHA in a competitive market most agents would typically go for cash or conventional offer so you have to be patient.

There is not a silver bulllet answer to your question so start woth networking with agents, investors, wholesalers and PMs.

Good luck hit me up if you have any questions.

Thank you both very much for the quick replies! I will be sure to keep the info in mind and will be sure to be pre-approved when I am ready to take the next step. 

Just purchased a duplex with a fha in March in metro Atlanta. Like @Azeez K. mentioned, very competitive but doable. 

Shoot me a message if you want to chat more about it!