Worry about getting the deal first, money comes easy.

15 Replies

Being new to real estate investing, I feel like I’ve been stressing too much about how I will fund these deals that I find. I’m just going to take it easy. My coach always says find the deal first and get it under contract because the money is always easy to find. Breathe…

@Dareen Allie  I've heard something similar. I don't doubt that that is the case once you are more experienced and know how its done. Sort of like driving a car, it's really not hard. Unless your 16 and your just learning and have no idea what your doing! 

At the very least you should have a discussion with your lender and have them pre-qualify you if you are planning on getting traditional financing. This gets them on board as well as having them ready to issue you a pre-qualification letter when you get ready to submit a bid. Some realtors may ask you for that letter before they are willing to work with you. Most will ask for it to submit with any offer you write up. 

Good luck!

@Dareen Allie

That saying is utter BS.

You can have the best deal in the world and if you can’t put it in front of somebody that understands that it is a deal AND has resources your contracted property is going to sit there.

@Dareen Allie

I’m trying to find funding for a 29 unit right now. Wrote the guy a hand written letter and 6 months later he calls me up wanting to sell. Haha

Originally posted by @Tony Gunter :

@Dareen Allie

That saying is utter BS.

You can have the best deal in the world and if you can’t put it in front of somebody that understands that it is a deal AND has resources your contracted property is going to sit there.

But it's a great way to hustle people who want to believe it 

@Dareen Allie when I first started my real investing journey, I heard the same thing regarding getting the deal first and the money will follow...

It just isn't true and I lost money.

You need to be ABM (always be marketing) for both, deals and dollars. 

In this active market no seller will wait for you he sells to the first strong buyer making an solid offer.  As a realtor if investor or buyer not approved after 1st time showing, I ask him I can wait until the letter is ready and give him leads. Rarely any one wants to talk to you until you are ready.