Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
James Ohliger
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
Memberships/Services worth paying for as a newbie?

James Ohliger
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Sep 18 2021, 13:27

As I've been starting my real estate investing journey, I've been overwhelmed with the amount of tools/services/memberships offering some capability for 'x' amount of dollars.  At this point, it's hard to know what's worthwhile to pay for now, what is worthwhile to wait and pay for later as I scale, and what is probably not necessary to pay for at all.  I just signed up for the Bigger Pockets Pro membership which seemed to offer a plethora of benefits, but isn't entirely cheap either.  I'm curious what memberships/services a newbie like myself should invest in beyond a BP Pro membership as I start to look for my first deals and hopefully start operating as a landlord for the first time.  Additionally, what are some services that people have found very beneficial but are probably worth waiting for until I start scaling beyond a certain amount of properties?  And what services just aren't worth it?  It seems so many of these sites offer overlapping functionality and it's difficult to know what benefits they may offer above and beyond a different service.  A few examples that I've come across are Rentometer Pro, Neighborhood Scout, AirDNA, RentRedi, DealMachine, Rentberry Tenant Screening, etc.  Do any of you have your own package of "must-have" services?  Thanks for any advice/help!

Loading replies...