• Paducah, KY
Votes |
eXp vs. Boutique for a new agent

David Ackley
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Paducah, KY
Posted Jan 27 2023, 11:07

Hey all,

I just passed my licensing exams for the state of KY and am trying to decide which broker I should hang my license with.

A bit of a unique situation because i've had the opportunity to intern with an eXp team in LA for the last 6 months who's production is in the top 1.5% nationwide.

I'd love to join the team because theyre great to work with and the value is unmatched. However; I'm having trouble determining if it's still in my best interest considering that I'll be moving across the country to KY in the beginning of March which means i'll be a solo agent with the rest of my team in California.

After interviewing with several brokerages in town I've now narrowed it down to signing on with the eXp team vs. a local high producing boutique.

I understand that the two are drastically different but having no real experience as an agent i'm finding it difficult to determine if I'll get more value & be able to scale faster while learning directly from the eXp team which seems like a great way to stand out in my small KY market considering that i'll be able to keep up with what's working in LA before my market responds to a change a year or two later.

Heres a quick rundown on how the numbers stack up:       

eXp:                                                                                 Boutique:

Split:            - 75/25 ($8,000 cap)                                                                - 75/25 ($12,000 Cap)

CRM:           -Follow-up Boss Provided                                                      - Not Provided

Mentor:      - Assigned for 1st 3 transactions for an                              - Assigned at will, mentor receives 5% of the broker's cut

extra 20%

Tools provided: - Breakthrough broker, eXp suite                                - Docusign

Fee:            - $50/Month Desk fee ($600/yr)                                                           - $85/Month Cloud brokerage fee ($1,020)

Transaction Coordinator: - Yes                                                                 - No

Floor time/Phone duty:     - No                                                                 - No 

The boutique doesn't really provide any training & only has meetings every other thursday due to all of the agents being a bit older & having been in the business for years but they do seem to have a good mentorship program where I can be assigned directly to one of them who's a top producer in our market.

What would you deem more important in this given scenario?

The local support that the boutique has to offer OR the amazing training & virtual support offered with a top 1.5% exp team???

TIA

Loading replies...