Listingbook.com

Listingbook.com

Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

I'm trying to get access to listing book.com in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area. I need a real estate agent to do it. The real estate agent doesn't have anything to lose because it completely free and they could possibly get me as future client out of it. I'm interested in short sales, foreclosures, and bank owned properties. This is a description of the website if you haven't heard of it:

Overview

Listingbook, LLC, based in Greensboro, N.C., provides an online technology platform and patented client management system that allows real estate agents to provide their buyers and sellers the industry's best search experience, including real-time MLS data and public records, the ability to view their customers' search activities and collaborate with them online, and to easily and automatically provide other information and tools to help clients find the perfect home or market their property.

Listingbook has 70 MLS clients and is available to 60 percent of agents nationwide. More than 175,000 real estate agents and 1.4 million home buyers and sellers have Listingbook accounts and over one million unique visitors log on to Listingbook each month.

How Listingbook Works

Real estate agents provide their buying and selling clients with access to their local Multiple Listing Service (MLS) data via the Listingbook service, and in turn deliver to consumers the most comprehensive and accurate real estate related information they can find anywhere: all in one place. With Listingbook, real estate agents can:

  • Provide buyers and sellers with the best search experience and most complete data, including: public records, recent and past sales, community and school information, taxes, loan estimates, shopping and recreation, and much more.
  • Monitor and collaborate with their buying and selling clients online throughout each step of the search.
  • Increase their productivity by using technology to create and manage a bigger pipeline of business, freeing them to list and sell more homes.

A Valuable Tool for Agents

Agents want to influence their clients' search experience and manage their relationships but often lose control of the process and the prospect, who goes skipping from site to site to find bits of information. Not any longer. Listingbook offers agents an environment that's free of competitive ads. And, agents can collaborate and consult with clients on the Listingbook platform, while offering tools that build relationships and enhance the agent's value. In addition, Listingbook saves agents money by replacing other expenses, improving productivity and efficiency, and helping real estate professionals make more money.

0Reply
45 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lafayette/Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 915 votes
    12y

    Hello @David Stechmann ,

    Welcome to BP!

    There is a free access site at http://mls.gbrar.com/(S(uth5rzoqztarukkwtr2u1nlr))/default.aspx#

    That gives you access to all active listings only. It's a small piece of the picture, but it helps. You should join The RING (Real Estate Investors Network Group) in Baton Rouge. You can find it on meetup.com. There are multiple realtors that belong to the group. Hope to see you there!

  • Rehabber · Niantic, CT · Member since 2012 · 443 posts · 150 votes
    12y

    I've heard of ListingBook but have not explored it at any length. I am an investor first, real estate agent second (got my license for purposes of aiding my investing career).

    With what is admittedly just a passing glance at ListingBook, I don't see why an agent would be interested. Why would an agent want to provide access to all of the MLS tools to someone who is completely untrained/inexperienced and perhaps wants to bypass them? Never mind the time and money an agent or broker spends to become and stay licensed and the dues they pay to access the MLS. My other first impression is - with all due apologies if I'm totally off-base - that maybe this is a tool that appeals to lazy agents? Hand the keys over and let someone else do the work?

    I understand the appeal to an investor. I just don't get what the appeal would be to an agent or broker. "Possibly get me as a future client out of it" doesn't sound appealing, sorry! Maybe others can provide insight? I feel like I'm missing something.

  • Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2013 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Robert Leonard Thanks Robert I attended the second to last ring meeting and loved it. I couldn't make the last one because I had finals.

    @Karin Crompton The appeal to a broker is the possibility of a client coming back to you. If he or she has questions about a property from listingbook.com and they don't have a real estate agent already, then there probably coming to you for questions, etc.. Eventually the possibility that the client chooses you to buy/sell their property. I'm personally just getting into the real estate business and I'm using a real estate agent, but I'm not sure if I want to stay with the agent. The agent doesn't seem to understand the investor side. So whats a agent have to lose by giving someone like me access to the website? It's free and if the agent feels right for me, then they just picked up a easy client. Obviously a investor would love the website considering it's just like the mls. I mean the mls is basically monopoly. I understand you worked hard for your license and you pay monthly dues. But this website free and gives investors a chance to basically use the mls without a agent actually giving acess to the mls.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.