• Real Estate Investor
  • Spring, TX
Votes |
First flip, wondering about pricing

Sherry F.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Spring, TX
Posted Sep 3 2014, 21:35

Hello all- first time to post on this site. I am looking for advice, insights from an agent or investor on pricing my first property flip. I am a re broker in TX, but strictly work for myself and up until now I have kept all of the properties I have purchased for rentals. The market is so good here right now I thought I would try to flip a few. So, I bought a distressed property for a very low price of $119k, put about $27k into the rehab, and put it on the market for $199,500 ($95 per sf) which the neighborhood should support. The last house sold for $93 per sf in 2 days. Mine has more updates. I listed it, have had 300+ views, no calls or showings. It has only been 5 days, but in this market... I am wondering if a realtor would see what I paid for it and feel the increase was too much (even if comps support the price)? Another problem is when I bought it, the seller's agent used the sf from tax rolls that are about 500 sf too much. So it looks like I paid $49 psf instead of the $63 psf that I actually paid. The house is beautiful inside and out, so any advice?

Loading replies...