Craigslist Deleting all my Ads!!!!!!!

6 Replies

Hello,

I post a lot of listings on Craigslist. I make sure the pictures are my own unique pictures, I do not have keyword banks on my listings, I make sure my posts are unique, and I also re-size all the pictures so they are not a large file. 

However craigslist is still deleting my ads and it seems random... It is very discouraging because I work so hard on these ads making them unique....

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this posting multiple ads to CL?

I also post 50+ ads a day.

Originally posted by @Rich Hupper :

Hello,

I post a lot of listings on Craigslist. I make sure the pictures are my own unique pictures, I do not have keyword banks on my listings, I make sure my posts are unique, and I also re-size all the pictures so they are not a large file. 

However craigslist is still deleting my ads and it seems random... It is very discouraging because I work so hard on these ads making them unique....

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this posting multiple ads to CL?

I also post 50+ ads a day.

50+ ads a day will do that.

Okay. So it must be my volume have you had this happen to you?

@Rich Hupper  

I have had a ton of trouble with this. Have you read the CL TOC? The biggest issue with all of CL is that any joe can flag an ad as violating the TOC. If enough people do this the ad will be automatically deleted. CL staff can also delete ads as well as their automated moderator.  

I wasn't including the addresses in my listings which was a violation, so I started to include them.  It continued to happen so I started reporting the issue to CL as abuse every time an ad would get deleted and I would include all the current and old ads that were deleted.  I did this about 6-8 times and then for some reason my ads stopped getting deleted.  Really strange.  Not sure if this helps but that was my experience.  Since then I haven't really done a whole lot with them...

Good luck!

I have read through the TOC. And Follow it to a T. However CL makes it optional to put a map with your listing so that shouldn't be an issue for you.  

As for me I think it has something to do with the volume.

You need to use more than one account to post that frequently.

Well, I can assure you the problem is your volume.  You can typically only post approximately 12-15 posts per day per account without running the risk of "Ghosting".  Which means that it appears as though you posted them, but then they never show.  

I use multiple accounts, and post not more than 15 ads per account per day.  That way you get maximum coverage.  

Also, it depends on HOW you do it, as well as WHEN, but that is a different discussion.  Your problem here is clearly one of TOO many ads.  50 is guaranteed ghosting.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here