Votes
Dan Miller
  • Washington, Washington D.C.
Votes |
Finding a realtor to add to my team

Dan Miller
  • Washington, Washington D.C.
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:48

I'm a new investor, working to get my first wholesale deal done. I've been talking to several realtors, trying to get them to join my team, but most so far have seemed reluctant, so I wonder if it's in the way I'm pitching it. What I"m seeking is an agent who can help me get comps, send me listings in a specific neighborhood, and submit offers on my behalf.

I'm currently learning a system in which the goal is to submit relatively low offers (often 55-60% of ARV) to test teh waters for motivation. Submitting those 30-40 offers may yield me 1-2 counteroffers, in which we can make a deal. I also tell agents that I'm willing to do as much of that offer submission work as they are comfortable letting me do once they teach me how to fill out the contract the first time. I offer this b/c I recognize it can be time consuming.

The agents whom I've spoken to so far just seem hesitant given the time-suck. What am I doing wrong that is turning them all off from working with me? I feel like I'm either asking the wrong questions or pitching my approach in the wrong way.

Thanks,
Dan

Loading replies...