Real Estate Agent Interview Questions & Advice

6 Replies

Greetings Everyone,

I know this has been gone over a multitude of times, but I'm not finding much success searching the site for what I'm after. So I'll try my hand:

As of today I felt compelled to walk away from my 1st deal, due to a combination of an unmotivated seller and several mis-communications with my agent as well as the sellers agent.

Therefore, now that I find myself back at square one, I want an agent that will listen, strive to understand what I want to accomplish and step up to the plate.

My situation is that I have determined a single-family home through an FHA loan is my path for this investment. This serves a few purposes for me at this time.

I would appreciate ANY help, thoughts, opinions or guidance on finding the agent I can place on my team.

I live in the Knoxville, TN area and know there are thousands of agents here. I need one good one and how to find him or her.

Thank you all in advance.

Bruce

@Bruce Park  

I'm not in the Knoxville area, but I am curious. What did your old Realtor do that caused you dissatisfaction? 

Typically an FHA transaction is pretty simple. Why did you decide to walk away?

@Bruce Park  First off, welcome to BP! 

If you could be more specific to the problem it would be easier to help you find a solution. Many problems are miscommunication, or having unrealistic expectations. 

Real estate investment needs to be emotionless. You should drive the transaction because it is a sound decision and the pro forma supports it. If it is a bumpy ride get a new agent for your next deal. If the deal is the problem, find a better deal and drive that one. Learn the process and Own It!

HI Mark, I am in knoxville and have found an agent that caters towards investors. If you are interested just let me know.

My apologies Everyone, as I am in a temporary residence, I find myself drinking coffee and doing research at a local shop a few times a week.

The main problem I had was that I did not factor in the possibility of my agent and the sellers agent working in a coordinated way. I also allowed myself to get pulled into direct communication with the seller. After much ado, I was unable to come together on necessary repairs in such a way that would have allowed my numbers to work the way I wanted.

I am starting again a little wiser and more motivated. I have, with the help of a dear friend, come up with some good interview questions for finding a new agent.

Chris, I would appreciate the name of your agent as well.

Thank you all, it's a great thing to have folks like you in my corner

Originally posted by @Bruce Park :

The main problem I had was that I did not factor in the possibility of my agent and the sellers agent working in a coordinated way. I also allowed myself to get pulled into direct communication with the seller. After much ado, I was unable to come together on necessary repairs in such a way that would have allowed my numbers to work the way I wanted.

Please elaborate.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here