Real Estate Agent Interview Questions & Advice

6 Replies

Greetings Everyone,

I know this has been gone over a multitude of times, but I'm not finding much success searching the site for what I'm after. So I'll try my hand:

As of today I felt compelled to walk away from my 1st deal, due to a combination of an unmotivated seller and several mis-communications with my agent as well as the sellers agent.

Therefore, now that I find myself back at square one, I want an agent that will listen, strive to understand what I want to accomplish and step up to the plate.

My situation is that I have determined a single-family home through an FHA loan is my path for this investment. This serves a few purposes for me at this time.

I would appreciate ANY help, thoughts, opinions or guidance on finding the agent I can place on my team.

I live in the Knoxville, TN area and know there are thousands of agents here. I need one good one and how to find him or her.

Thank you all in advance.

Bruce

Real estate investment needs to be emotionless. You should drive the transaction because it is a sound decision and the pro forma supports it. If it is a bumpy ride get a new agent for your next deal. If the deal is the problem, find a better deal and drive that one. Learn the process and Own It!

Mark Updegraff, Real Estate Agent in NY (#10491205428)
(585) 314-9790

HI Mark, I am in knoxville and have found an agent that caters towards investors. If you are interested just let me know.

My apologies Everyone, as I am in a temporary residence, I find myself drinking coffee and doing research at a local shop a few times a week.

The main problem I had was that I did not factor in the possibility of my agent and the sellers agent working in a coordinated way. I also allowed myself to get pulled into direct communication with the seller. After much ado, I was unable to come together on necessary repairs in such a way that would have allowed my numbers to work the way I wanted.

I am starting again a little wiser and more motivated. I have, with the help of a dear friend, come up with some good interview questions for finding a new agent.

Chris, I would appreciate the name of your agent as well.

Thank you all, it's a great thing to have folks like you in my corner

Originally posted by @Bruce Park :

The main problem I had was that I did not factor in the possibility of my agent and the sellers agent working in a coordinated way. I also allowed myself to get pulled into direct communication with the seller. After much ado, I was unable to come together on necessary repairs in such a way that would have allowed my numbers to work the way I wanted.

Please elaborate.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.