• Interior Decorator
  • Vancouver, WA
Votes |
Don't waste good showings!

Amy Prouty
  • Interior Decorator
  • Vancouver, WA
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:47

I have talked to many realtors who tell me they have a home on the market that has had a lot of good showings. They say it is priced right and there has been a lot of interest, but no offers. Then they call me and want me to stage it. I’d love to; home staging is what I do.

Before looking at a home, buyers know the size, general location and age of the home. So far, it sounds good to them. But, when they get there, it just doesn't excite them. They go on looking for their dream home.

There can be different reasons why they don't want the home, but is the overall appearance one of them? Sounds simple right? Not really. The home could be in good condition, even updated throughout. It could have all the criteria the buyers are looking for. But for some reason, they just don’t like it.

Many homes are cluttered with knickknacks and outdated decorations. The rooms are filled with furniture and the walls are covered with personal photographs. Buyers cannot visualize themselves living in the home. Without realizing it, this is the reason why they just don’t like it. They move on to the next home and you have lost a potential buyer.

NOW is the time to fix up your home, before you lose any more potential buyers. You don't need to spend thousands of dollars to stage your home. A good home stager will work with what you already have in your home. They will give you a checklist of items to do. They will tell you what goes and what stays. It will cost a fraction of the amount of a needless price reduction.

The results will be amazing. Your home will feel more spacious and inviting. Buyers will be able to mentally move in during their first walk through. They will be able to visualize themselves relaxing there or entertaining friends. They will be eager to make your house, their home!

Don't waste any more good showings. Stage your home to sell!