Investor friendly agents in So. Cal & Houston

10 Replies

I have been having a really hard time finding agents that "get it" in So. Cal & Houston.

I operate in both areas. I am looking for 5-10 flips per month in both areas.

So, my question is... Are there any agents in these areas that "get what we do" & can keep our pipeline full?

Yes there are definitely agents in these areas that get the whole investor bit.. but even as a realtor myself, I find a lot of agents to be idiots. There's a reason why they are a full-time realtor rather than a full-time investor. 

What kind of cap rates are you looking for for these flips?

I am looking for 30% gross profit margin.

I can go a bit higher on a case by case basis.

I definitely see the idiots out there.

I am looking for the ones that get it.

I dont have time to re-invent the wheel with them.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, it just is what it is.

Too busy to kill time.

Are you an all cash buyer? How do you feel about bids above listing? - anyone investing in LA will probably be all too familiar with this concept the past year. What do you mean by higher? 20%? or 40%?

Generally speaking, the SoCal market is oversaturated with fix and flip investors so it is more difficult to secure a deal. However, plenty of options are still available out there, and there are definitely realtors who are willing to farm, and wholesalers who use creative, but perhaps shady techniques.

higher meaning in the right scenario, I could squeeze my profit margin down to around 20-25% 

Above listing is a really tough sale. I am familiar with it, but I am really looking for real numbers. I am also looking for off market deals.

Yes, some wholesalers can be shady.

Shady or not, if they hve a deal and don't waste one's time, that's it.

Originally posted by @Corry Taie :

I have been having a really hard time finding agents that "get it" in So. Cal & Houston.

I operate in both areas. I am looking for 5-10 flips per month in both areas.

So, my question is... Are there any agents in these areas that "get what we do" & can keep our pipeline full?

Hey Corry

Let's talk, I can assist you in Houston with securing deals that fit the criteria you specified (30% margin) - can also provide you with assistance in securing off market deals as many of Houston's deals are bought & sold off the MLS because the market is so HOT!

@Tyron McDaniel Message & request sent.

Hey Corry.  Please message me whenever you have a moment.  I can help you reach your goals in So-Cal. 

Corry, one of my business partners talked to you about San Antonio. Let me know if I can help. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here