My first Open House!

11 Replies

I'm helping another agent in my office with an open house this Sunday.  This will be my first open house, so I was just wondering if anybody had advice for me.  I'll mostly be helping out and building buyers contacts at this one.  So again, any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Bring lots of business cards!  Good luck and enjoy the event!  

Ask questions.

Do you have an auto-email system through your MLS that you can setup buyers on? Then, they can receive all the houses that meet their criteria as they come on the market.

Think about creating a buyer's guide.  You can either pass them out at the Open House or offer to send them a copy after the Open House for people who want it.

@Colley Bailey   Bring lots of business cards and have plenty of sign in sheets so the potential house buyer can sign in and you can convince them that you can be of service to them in their house hunting adventure.  

Create your own Buyers' List!!!!!

Make it fun! Make them like you. Music helps eliminate the awkward silence and livens up the place.

@David Hunter the buyer's guide is a great idea. I'll try and get that together beforehand. Our MLS does allow me to set them up on an email alert, so I'll be sure to mention that. I've set a few of those up before, so I know its a great resource.

Thanks, @Deshan Kennedy  and @Jason Mak  .  I'll have plenty of cards for sure.

I'm also going to knock doors around the neighborhood to drum up some interest for the open house.  Of course I'll ask if they know anybody looking to move to the neighborhood, and also when they're planning on moving. Hopefully, that will get a handful of leads in itself.

Thanks for the response everyone.

Make sure you have good signage! As well as a sign in sheet to collect a name / number /email .. Keep us posted!!

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Colley Bailey :

@David Hunter the buyer's guide is a great idea. I'll try and get that together beforehand. Our MLS does allow me to set them up on an email alert, so I'll be sure to mention that. I've set a few of those up before, so I know its a great resource.

Good!

When doing the sign-in sheet, some people won't leave their numbers, emails, etc.  Once they leave fill it out with a fake number and email.  People usually follow the leader... if one person doesn't leave their number and email, everyone will follow suit. 

Oh, and for the first spot on your sign-in sheet, fill it out with your name, number, address (use your office), email.  That way you're the leader!

go buy a $50 gift card , and offer it as a free drawing for people on the sign in sheet. this way they will be less likely to give you a false phone number or email address. people love "free" gifts.

print out contracts for offers and agent disclosures ,neighborhood comps,have a mortgage calculator on your phone ,know about taxes schools, shopping etc Have Fun

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.