Becoming licensed in Georgia

7 Replies

I am currently licensed in Ohio and am interested in also becoming licensed in GA. Since I'm already licensed in OH do I only need to schedule the state exam in GA or will I have to take the national exam as well? Do I have to take any course hours before applying to take the exam?

@Andy Sturm

Hey, what a coincidence! I'm planning on getting my Real Estate License in GA, too!

Have you (or anyone else) used any of the online real estate schools? I figured I'd go that route since my schedule isn't all that conducive to going to an actual school.

@Travis H.

I used the online training class years go when I first was licensed & then again when I got licensed as a broker.  I couldn't imagine doing it any other way, as long as you can motivate yourself to get it done. 

If you have any questions,  feel free to shoot. .

@Kirsten Wellborn

I do have another question: 

Based on my research, georgiarealestateschool.com seems to give me the best value for my money. Do you have any experience with this school?

@Travis H.

That is where I did the pre-license for both my salesperson and broker. This is the GAMLS school, and I found they offered the best bang for the buck. You get a free weekend in class cram course when you finish the online stuff. That class is not required, but available if you feel like you need it.

So, for salesperson, you would do the 75 hr online stuff which consists of reading paragraphs and then answering questions throughout the lessons. You will go over all material 2x, and if you miss questions, you will have to go back at the end of the lesson and answer more questions until you have correctly answered each question 2x.

Once you complete all lessons (I think you have 6 months to do it), you will have the option of signing up for the weekend cram course or signing up to take the in person final exam. 

You will get the scores on your final exam a few days after the test in the mail, and can then sign up for the state exam.

Originally posted by @Travis H.:

@Kirsten Wellborn

I do have another question: 

Based on my research, georgiarealestateschool.com seems to give me the best value for my money. Do you have any experience with this school?

This post is such a coincidence! I'm looking to become licensed in Georgia as well. I'm currently overseas and am looking into online schools to get my license. I will be living in Atlanta upon my return.

Which schools would give me the biggest bang for my buck? I've come across realestateexpress.com but I want to look into others before settling and weigh all of my options.