CA Real Estate License Study Material

7 Replies

I have finally decided that as an investor gaining direct access to the MLS is necessary for several reasons.

With that said, I am strongly considering a CA Real Estate License.

Given my hectic schedule, it only makes sense to take a certified online course so to squeeze it in on my downtime. There are many programs in existence, and I have done my homework researching the forum and other online outlets. I have yet to decided on one particular school, and I see a lot up sell in many which include "extra material" to ensure passing the exam. I have mixed feelings about this.

I am trying to see if anyone on this forum can share any PDF books, study guides, or other materials they used that helped them pass the exam. Even possibly recommend study material that can be purchased over the internet that is actually worth the buy.

This will help me gage how much I need to study and what type of online schooling package I should purchase.

Thanks in advance!

Any thoughts, suggestions, help?!

@David G, 

The best to complete all the classes online is through Allied. I was able to get three of the classes waived from my undergraduate business degree and just had to take : 

Real Estate Appraisal, California Real Estate Principles, Practice, Law, and Finance. 

Try to schedule your exam on Monday and take the RE Trainers CA Saturday / Sunday Crash course review right before the exam. I took course in Santa Ana and took the exam in LA and I found it very beneficial.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by @James Park:

@David G, 

The best to complete all the classes online is through Allied. I was able to get three of the classes waived from my undergraduate business degree and just had to take : 

Real Estate Appraisal, California Real Estate Principles, Practice, Law, and Finance. 

Try to schedule your exam on Monday and take the RE Trainers CA Saturday / Sunday Crash course review right before the exam. I took course in Santa Ana and took the exam in LA and I found it very beneficial.

Hope this helps.

 James, 

I appreciate the reply. 

It seems like the classes you took were for your Brokers License, which is a bit more labor intensive. 

How critical is the "Crash Course" to passing my salesperson exam? Is there a recommendation handbook or study guide you could suggest instead of the weekend long prep course?

It would be a bit challenging to dedicate a complete weekend given my circumstances. 

David G,

Sorry I misunderstood that you were taking your broker exam. There is no reason to stress for passing the sales exam. The cheapest and efficient way to get California Sales license is take California Principles, Practice, and an elective course online through Allied. Buy one of those practice exam question CDs from Allied and keep practicing the questions and you should have no problems passing as all you need is a 70%. The Retrainersca weekend crash course is not necessary for the sales exam, but i strongly recommend it for passing your broker's exam.  

Hello I just recently passed my CA real estate exam. I took my classes through the online provider California license . Com. It was reasonably priced and I was able to do everything online at my own pace. I just bought the basic course. I used the test prep offered by real estate exam scholar, this was also reasonably priced and they have a pass guarantee. I passed my first try so in my opinion it did the job. I hope this helps.

Originally posted by @James Park:

David G,

Sorry I misunderstood that you were taking your broker exam. There is no reason to stress for passing the sales exam. The cheapest and efficient way to get California Sales license is take California Principles, Practice, and an elective course online through Allied. Buy one of those practice exam question CDs from Allied and keep practicing the questions and you should have no problems passing as all you need is a 70%. The Retrainersca weekend crash course is not necessary for the sales exam, but i strongly recommend it for passing your broker's exam.  

 James,

Thank you for the response!

Originally posted by @Laura Fahey :

Hello I just recently passed my CA real estate exam. I took my classes through the online provider California license . Com. It was reasonably priced and I was able to do everything online at my own pace. I just bought the basic course. I used the test prep offered by real estate exam scholar, this was also reasonably priced and they have a pass guarantee. I passed my first try so in my opinion it did the job. I hope this helps.

 Laura,

Thank you for the reply.

I think the prep from real estate exam will be helpful. I need something like that.

Thanks!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.