California real estate sales agent

5 Replies

Hello my husband is interested in becoming a real estate agent in CA.  He is looking at the online courses First Tuesday, californialicense.com and Allied.  For those who have taken these courses, what do you like and dislike about it, and would you recommend it?

I took allied but I heard that first Tuesday is cheaper. They are really all the same and are very straight forward (open book tests). Just pick a provider and get the classes done/application submitted. Then take a crash course to study for the actual license exam. 

Originally posted by @Bob Thomas :

I took allied but I heard that first Tuesday is cheaper. They are really all the same and are very straight forward (open book tests). Just pick a provider and get the classes done/application submitted. Then take a crash course to study for the actual license exam. 

+1

I've done research, and based on what I am gagging, they are all the same in quality online.

Self discipline will be the driving factor with studying online.

Supplemental crash courses, or programs maybe a great addition.

Good luck!

Hi Elaine, How wonderful that you are interested in obtaining your license, as it's such a rewarding and stimulating profession. In response to your question, I realize that regardless of which program you commit to there inevitably will be areas that you may have difficulty in answering during the test. I mention this because after studying for months for 8 hours per day, there were two things I learned while studying that had me pass the test the first time. The first is don't leave the exam room one minute early. Use the entire allotted time to go over each question meticulously. Secondly, find answers to difficult questions by searching through OTHER questions; the answer to one question may be right there. I actually answered every question that I could confidently within the first 30 minutes, the remaining time was spent organizing questions under category using the mini dry erase board they supplied, and through this process was able to find most of the answers I needed in an organized manner. Much success to you in your future 🏡

I've given this answer to a couple other similar questions.  I just got my license in California last week, I thought the test was easy.  I did Kaplan home study course with the open book tests then bought the practice quiz package for $50 a week before the test and took about ten 50 question tests until i was scoring 80-90% on each one.  I didn't do the practice tests in the books, just read through the chapters and moved on.

My strategy for all tests is to answer the ones I know for sure first then add up my percentage of what I would get if I missed the rest of the questions.  I was at 65% (passing is 70%) that I knew for sure were correct, on the 2nd time through I found reading them a second time gave me another 5-10 that I knew for sure, I had passed.  All the other questions worst case were a 50/50, easy to eliminate 2 of the 4 answers and of the two remaining I was always leaning toward one strongly (75%).

Take the test like this and you will pass IMO.  I figure I scored around 85%.

Hi Elaine,

I used Allied for my License and all my renewals, they are great, very user friendly courses on the internet.  Make sure to tell your husband to take a crash course just before the test date and he will breeze through the test.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.