• Real Estate Investor
  • Ohio
Votes |
Agent advice

Tom C
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Ohio
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:44

I put this here so I could get an agents opinion.

I have been working with the same agent since I started investing and she has been great for the most part. I recently lost a great deal with a potential profit on a quick flip of 30K. This house popped up on the MLS, she was out of town. I needed to get in the house, I waited for her to return my call and 2 days later she did, only to tell me that an accepted offer just came in.

I again asked her to, in the future just give me the combination to the lock boxes on homes I need access to, then when it's time to make an offer, I will call her and we will move forward. I also told her that she needs to get a back up and to provide me with that information. I explained that I need someone that she feels comfortable with and someone who is familiar with working with investors.

Her response was that she cannot give me the combo's to the homes, because she is responsible for any damages that occur. She also stated that she doesn't have a problem with someone else showing me or writing up a contract. Although, she did not provide me with a name and number.

I have spoken to other investors and they are telling me it's time to dump her and find someone who is willing to trust me as a professional. I feel sense of loyalty to her because we have built this business together. Although, I have found all the deals, she only shows them and then writes the contracts. I don't believe I am asking too much. She knows me and knows that I would never do anything to put her license in jeopardy. I simply cannot allow a mistake like that to happen again and expect to run a successful business.

Opinions?

Thanks

Loading replies...