• Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Murrells Inlet, SC
Votes |
Why use a realtor?

Karen Cabanaw
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Murrells Inlet, SC
Posted Aug 17 2008, 09:40

I was on site reading a topic about "Why use a Realtor" and an ex-realtor had a comment about how realtors are over paid and people shoud do the FSBO. I thought about it for a while. I just want to say that before I became a Realtor, my husband and I used another local realtor for our investments and we loved him. We didn’t mind paying him for his professional service and expertise. However, we have used realtors in the past that bring shame to their license. But, if you do your homework you can find good honest Realtors like me. I love real estate; otherwise, I would not be in the business. It takes an abundance of patience because it requires me to put in long hours that often yield a delayed reward; unfortunately, sometimes, due to circumstances beyond my control, the hard work results in no monetary reward at all. On the upside, there is always something new to learn that can be applied to future experiences. It is great to make my own schedule, and it allows me to customize my schedule to fit that of my family. Most of my clients understand and are very approving of the benefits of using a Realtor. They appreciate the peace of mind and convenience of having a professional showing their house for them. Many people do not want to jeopardize their safety by having strange people knocking on their door at will. Using a Realtor allows them to avoid the hassle of mysterious paperwork and legal issues such as what to do with the earnest money. Also, using a professional offers the anonymity that is needed to successfully allow potential buyers to look a house without fear of criticizing or offending the owners. After working hard all week they can go see a movie while I hold an open house. Most people do not want to take on the daunting task of hosting an open house after putting in 40-50 hours for the week. Thankfully, many people find a Realtor’s fee a small price to pay for the relief that it provides. Some people would rather try to sell their own home, and that is ok. But, those who would rather use a Realtor have their reasons and should be free to take advantage of the services that I provide. When we realtors make a sale, the economy is positively impacted which results in a winning scenario for the entire community. Many good intentioned people lose out by trying to sell their own property. A Realtor has a wealth of information about laws and rights that apply to both seller and buyer. I most certainly would use a Realtor for an FSBO if I were relocating! I would never dream of relocating without using a local Realtor who knows the ropes within their community and state. Why take the time to learn all that a Realtor knows if you do not plan to make real estate your business? If I want quality performance and workmanship, I would go to a professional. Believe me; I have learned that lesson the hard way by trying to paint my own house. Have you ever heard the expression “a jack of all trades is a master of none?†Why would anyone settle for lackluster performance when they can receive golden results by just using a professional? You can never beat a man or woman at their own trade! So, let a teacher teach, let the police officer police, let the doctor mend, and most importantly to this subject, let the Realtor handle real estate!

Loading replies...