MLS access limitations

7 Replies

Hello. I have a rather quick question regarding a real estate agent's access to the MLS. Does an agent have access to the MLS of the entire state in which (s)he is licensed or only a particular region of that state? Also, is there any way for an agent to access the MLS of another state?

@Eddie Atkinson

No. You have have access to the MLS area that your board/association covers

@Eddie Atkinson , the GAMLS covers areas outside of Atlanta. FMLS now has a feature that allows you to search all over the U.S.  

It just depends on how the local MLS is set up. Some of them will only cover a portion of a state, others even multiple states. The DC area one, MRIS gives me access to the entire state of Maryland, DC, and parts of Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware.

Originally posted by @Renee Cato :

@Eddie Atkinson , the GAMLS covers areas outside of Atlanta. FMLS now has a feature that allows you to search all over the U.S.  

Renee, how does one access properties outside metro Atlanta, and especially nationwide, on the FMLS?  I don't see that feature. 

@David Begley in FMLS, click on SYSTEM LINKS then click on FIND. 

Hope this helps. 

Originally posted by @Renee Cato :

@David Begley in FMLS, click on SYSTEM LINKS then click on FIND. 

Hope this helps. 

Wow!  Thank you Renee!  My Broker and I are real estate agents/brokers only in the narrowest sense of the term - he is a real estate attorney and investor and I'm an investor using my license to acquire/dispose of my own investments.  He'll probably be happy to know of this capability as well.  Thanks again.  

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.