MLS access limitations

7 Replies

Hello. I have a rather quick question regarding a real estate agent's access to the MLS. Does an agent have access to the MLS of the entire state in which (s)he is licensed or only a particular region of that state? Also, is there any way for an agent to access the MLS of another state?

@Eddie Atkinson

No. You have have access to the MLS area that your board/association covers

@Eddie Atkinson , the GAMLS covers areas outside of Atlanta. FMLS now has a feature that allows you to search all over the U.S.  

It just depends on how the local MLS is set up. Some of them will only cover a portion of a state, others even multiple states. The DC area one, MRIS gives me access to the entire state of Maryland, DC, and parts of Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware.

Russell Brazil, Real Estate Agent in Maryland (#648402), Virginia (#0225219736), District of Columbia (#SP98375353), and Massachusetts (#9​0​5​2​3​4​6)
301-893-4635
Originally posted by @Renee Cato :

@Eddie Atkinson , the GAMLS covers areas outside of Atlanta. FMLS now has a feature that allows you to search all over the U.S.  

Renee, how does one access properties outside metro Atlanta, and especially nationwide, on the FMLS?  I don't see that feature. 

David Begley, Real Estate Agent in GA (#357208)

@David Begley in FMLS, click on SYSTEM LINKS then click on FIND. 

Hope this helps. 

Originally posted by @Renee Cato :

@David Begley in FMLS, click on SYSTEM LINKS then click on FIND. 

Hope this helps. 

Wow!  Thank you Renee!  My Broker and I are real estate agents/brokers only in the narrowest sense of the term - he is a real estate attorney and investor and I'm an investor using my license to acquire/dispose of my own investments.  He'll probably be happy to know of this capability as well.  Thanks again.  

David Begley, Real Estate Agent in GA (#357208)