Pam Truesdell
  • Georgetown, FL
Votes |
ADVICE NEEDED ASAP SELLING OURSELF

Pam Truesdell
  • Georgetown, FL
Posted Sep 6 2015, 09:42

Hi & thanks for any help. 

My husband & I bought raw land June 2014. May 2015 we put on a used MH a new well & new septic. We listed it on Craigslist for sale & had a buyer in 1 week. 

We live in Florida & they lived in Colorado. 

They came down here & want the place. They are a retired 70 yr old couple. 

We are asking $45,000. His mom passed & this is where they got the money to buy from us. 

But they have $30,000 cash & the other $15,000 is in an annuity they are having to wait on it to go through before they get their money. 

They asked us if we will take $30,000 cashiers check & will we give them 6 months for the annuity to go through even though they said it should be by 3 months they just don't want to get scrunched on time not knowing how long it actually will take. 

We said thet wold be fine. 

We said in the ad buyer is to pay all closing costs & that was fine with them. 

We were going to go with a title company that was going to charge them $900.00 to do the title search & close. 

Now the couple says we can all do this ourself with the papers you buy at Office Depot etc & would we mind just doing it ourself & getting it notorized so they dont have to pay almost  a thousand dollars. 

The title company just assures them we have no liens etc which we dont & they pretty well believe us so why spend that money & I dont blame them. 

We are all going to meet at my bank with the cashiers check. Fill out the forms & have them notorized. 

They are to pay ALL closing costs but the title company had told them there are certian things we the seller are supposed to pay ( I dont know what) but they said they would take care of that as well. 

We are just to poor to afford to pay ANYTHING. 

I assume it is a quit claim deed we are doing.  I also dont know if we HAVE to pay IRS anything? Is there any advice we can get on selling it ourself?  Thanks

Loading replies...