Real Estate School

8 Replies

Can anyone out here in Denver, Colorado recommend a good school to get my real estate license?? I read some reviews on Kaplan and they weren't that good. Creschool seemed to have some positive feedback and was considerably cheaper than some others. American Real Estate College had some good feedback also. I think I'm going to do the online course because I run my own business now and need the flexibility in time. Suggestions? 

That's like asking - what's the best school to teach me 2+2...lol

Why does it matter - you're getting a license and you won't learn much. This stuff is best learned on the job  - so get  license and be done with it :)

Originally posted by @Kevin Burns :

Can anyone out here in Denver, Colorado recommend a good school to get my real estate license?? 

Sending you a PM with some good info. I'll send you my old review material. Make sure to take the test prep course!!! Oh and go and get your finger prints at arapahoe community college.

I got my license education through VanEd.com  It seemed to be a good program, I passed the exams the first time.  Hope this helps.  Ben's comment above is right.  You'll do most of your learning on the job.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Sean

Passing the exam the first time is the goal. Networking with future agents in a byproduct of attending class in person. Largest class is the best for that. Not sure how someone could fumble passing the exam. I got my license through Kaplan. That was 10 years ago. They did a great job IMO at that time. Can't speak for them now.

Just like most of the rest of our education system, the classes teach you very little about what it takes to be successful. You have to figure that out after you have passed the test. 

Can anyone out here in Denver, Colorado recommend a good school to get my real estate license?? I read some reviews on Kaplan and they weren't that good. Creschool seemed to have some positive feedback and was considerably cheaper than some others. American Real Estate College had some good feedback also. I think I'm going to do the online course because I run my own business now and need the flexibility in time. Suggestions? 

Kevin, 

I used Kaplan and it was great!  The online lectures for each section was good for me because it allowed me to go back and watch again if I missed a concept.  I also passed my first time through, which is rare for a lot of people in CO from my understanding.  

I also agree with the other post saying that most things you learn in the licensing process does not apply to real world real estate.  So pick a school that seems to fit for you and go for it!  I've also used VanEd in the past for some of my CE requirements.  Hope this helps, and good luck!

I used Colorado Real Estate School. They have an online version that is pretty cheap (I believe around $400). You can go at your own pace and work on it whenever you have time. I passed the exam on the first try so it worked for me. Best of luck. Happy to answer any other questions you might have.

I did ACRE school online, it was cheap and no frills but did the job.  Most schools the exit exam to get your piece of paper to be able to take the test, is harder than the test itself.  This is how they can advertise a 95% pass rate etc.  They make THEIR test harder than the actual exam, which makes the actual exam pretty easy.

Good luck.  If you need a cheap place to hang your license, PM me.  I've easily referred 15 agents to the company I'm at with no complaints so far!

Anson

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here