Company name critique

15 Replies

Hello... I am in the process of trying to come up with a property management company name and need some critiquing. I'm thinking about Imbue Property Management (Imbue: to inspire or permeate with a feeling or quality). The second would be the family name Murdock Property Management. What do you guys think?

You should always go into a business with an exit strategy.  

In most cases, that means an eventual sale.  A business branded with your name is going to harder to sell.  Even if there's no actual "Murdock", I think it still applies.

For example, I'm about to open a new real estate brokerage (we should have licensing in place today).  For the new business (and we're in coastal Massachusetts), I chose the name Clear Sailing Realty.  The Tagline is "It's Clear Sailing.....all the way Home".

I'm not wild about "imbue".  It's not in common enough usage to communicate anything meaningful to your prospects and clients.

I'd suggest something that implies that you are the solution to their problem.  How about ideas revolving around reliability, seamless service, trouble-free service?  Ideas to seed your thinking:

- On Point Property Management
- Reliable Property Management
- One Stop Property Management
- Done Right Property Management

Just a few ideas...  And GOOD LUCK!

Charlie MacPherson, Real Estate Agent in MA (#9532146)
781-412-4151

-Charlie 

You make some great points. I appreciate your insight!

Yeah, what @Charlie MacPherson said.  But I'd take it a step further and  I'd try to chose something that doesn't sound like everyone else.  

So knowing what I now know, (hindsight is 20/20) I'd choose something that stands out just a little:

Purple Leopard Management

Sunspot Property Management

Kiss a Frog Property Management

Many will disagree with me, that it doesn't sound professional.  But it will stick in people's minds.

As an example, when we formed our real estate networking group, I fought hard AGAINST the name Black Diamond because it didn't say anything about where we were located, and conventional wisdom says your name should describe what you do and where you are.  In retrospect, all my partners were right, and the name stands out among real estate groups.  No one forgets who we are.  

@Sterling WilliamsI like the Service or Location.

A/B test a couple?

Originally posted by @Mike Hurney :

@Sterling WilliamsI like the Service or Location.

A/B test a couple?

I really don't know of an effective way to split-test a business name. I would appreciate if you have any ideas.   

I don't think I can even pronounce Imbue (hey, I never said I was good at English).

I like what Charlie had to say, and I love his business name, "Clear Sailing Realty."

Ok... How about freedom point Property Management? "Let this be the point in time we give you back your freedom" or something to that extent. 

Originally posted by @Sterling Williams:

Ok... How about freedom point Property Management? "Let this be the point in time we give you back your freedom" or something to that extent. 

Like it!!!

@Sterling Williams

How about "First of the Month Property Management"?

(Every Landlord that reads this, smiles)

Originally posted by @Mike Hurney :

@Sterling Williams

How about "First of the Month Property Management"?

(Every Landlord that reads this, smiles)

lol... I think you've got a winner. 

Did you consider Sterling Property?

George Hermann, Real Estate Agent in NY (#10401256571)
718-878-1931
Originally posted by @George Hermann :

Did you consider Sterling Property?

I did... Unfortunately there is a property management company in the local market with that name already. 

Here is my first sample of a possible logo. What do you guys think?

I like it @Sterling Williams but it does kind of sound like a specific property in a specific location.  

Mine is completely generic so people kind of think they might of heard of it.  I only manage for myself though.  Keep those ideas comin'!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.