Property Showing Packets

7 Replies

I'm a new Realtor in Connecticut and wanted to see what other agents put in their property show packets. When you show your buyers properties, what paperwork/information do you put together in a packet for each property?

I was planning on the following:

-Assessor's card for property

-MLS printout of property

-3 closed comps for show property

-Seller's disclosures/any other attachments listing agent posted on MLS

-Map of where property is located

-Sales to list price ratio for buyer's price range

What do you think of this? Do you add other things? Less things?

Would love some feedback!

That sounds very comprehensive @Jacqueline Carrington .  You may also want to compile a list of sites where the buyer could find info which may also be of interest in the area. 

(Make sure to add some sort of disclaimer that it is their responsibility to do their due diligence and you make no representation as to the validity of the sites or the information they offer).

Put a list of questions together that you'll want to ask and turn it into a property information packet.  Rather than showing them all this stuff, start asking questions!  How old is the furnace, frig, roof, windows, etc.  What made you decide to buy this house when you bought it?  How much are your utilities?  Etc. Etc. Etc.

Just ask a bunch of questions!

Oh, and you could use that packet when they let you into the house and you ask them to show you around.  Then start asking the questions!  Show interest in their house.

Good luck!

@Jacqueline Carrington , for clarification, my above comment pertains to my retail buyers. In that regard, during showings, I only provide a copy of the "client listing report".  At each showing, I have them make notes about the property and then rate it on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 the highest). I do this because, homes sometimes become a blur and at the end of the day, it helps them narrow the choices down. 😉

For my comps, I pull active, pending and sold. When considering what to offer, I look at the sold.