• Investor
  • Milan, IL
Votes |
Seeking a supervising Broker in Minnesota

Ronda Disch
  • Investor
  • Milan, IL
Posted May 27 2016, 08:45

I am completing the last of my pre-license classes this week to become a licensed Realtor. I have taken and passed both the national and state exams. It seems the next step will be to find a Broker who will supervise me.

I am an investor and am working to become a licensed Realtor to represent myself (essentially) in real estate sales and purchases. My investment company typically purchases buy and hold income properties and it's hard not to notice the money left on the table when you make a half million dollar purchase or sale, so I decided to become licensed. 

I don't wholesale or flip which I understand can cause a broker to shy away from wanting to supervise an agent. I am not looking to act as an agent for anyone else, meaning, this isn't going to be my full time job, the license is simply to represent myself and my investment company in our purchases and sales. 

Does anyone have any advice on where to start? I'm concerned about cold calling brokers and somehow turning them off when they hear I'm an investor. Are there specific agencies in Minnesota that are known for working with investor agents representing themselves?

Loading replies...