Did any RE agents get their numerical score from Pearson Vue??

16 Replies

I sat for my Texas Real Estate Salesperson License Exam last week and passed :). The testing center was Pearson Vue in Houston location. My print out just says Pass. I really wanted to know how well I did but they would not tell me my numerical score. They said to call the main office. I spoke with the main office 2 times and they said TREC set it up that way so all you get is Pass. They said if you fail you get a score. I called TREC and they said all they get from Pearson Vue is Pass or Fail and no score. I was told by another agent who recently took the same test from the same facility they GOT their actual SCORE? Any agents from Texas recently take the test and get a numerical score??

when I took my RE exam in the old days you got a score.. last time I took one for Oregon I think it was pass or fail.. I did one in MS  and they told me my score.

NMLS tells you the score.. I just squeaked that one out.. its probably jurisdictional.

Promotion
REI Nation
Premier Property Management Group
Premier by REI Nation is the #1 PM Choice for Passive Investors
Looking for worry-free property management? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Property Management.
Download Now

Hi Malik. I went the home study online route. The course work is done at whatever speed you want. I did mine over a 6 week period but could have cut the time in half if I worked 4 to 5 hours per day. As far as preparing for the Exam I went through the same home study/online prep pretty fast. I spent 3 to 4 hours a day for approx 5 days. I had the exam scheduled and started the prep about a week before the test and then just went for it while everything was still fresh on my mind.

Chris. As we both know it makes no difference. It's my competitive nature I guess. I actually did not get my license to become a real estate agent in the traditional sense. I own a roofing and construction company. I also build spec houses and sell them. The license was to save myself some commission on my own deals. I think it's ridiculous you can't get your score. I don't need to know any secret info that would somehow disclose test info...just a score. I'm glad I passed. I went to college many years ago :). Would it not bug you if your college transcripts said pass or fail? I like to challenge myself mentally and would like to see some feedback on the effort I put in. Maybe I want to make sure I'm not getting early stage dementia :)

Originally posted by @Ron Jones :

Chris. As we both know it makes no difference. It's my competitive nature I guess. I actually did not get my license to become a real estate agent in the traditional sense. I own a roofing and construction company. I also build spec houses and sell them. The license was to save myself some commission on my own deals. I think it's ridiculous you can't get your score. I don't need to know any secret info that would somehow disclose test info...just a score. I'm glad I passed. I went to college many years ago :). Would it not bug you if your college transcripts said pass or fail? I like to challenge myself mentally and would like to see some feedback on the effort I put in. Maybe I want to make sure I'm not getting early stage dementia :)

I'm competitive too, and got my license for similar reasons.    College transcripts differentiate your performance from others in the job market when you're fresh out of college.    Anyone w/ a license can get a "job" at just about any brokerage - nobody cares if you're in the top 10% of TREC test takers.   I breezed through my exam in 45 minutes and passed the first time, so I'm pretty sure I kicked butt, but that's not even going to buy me a piece of gum.

No numerical score if you pass. Which I don't really understand but that's how they do it! 

Promotion
PassiveInvesting.com
Private Real Estate Syndication Team
ATTENTION: Learn the 7 Red Flags for Passive Apartment Investing
Do you want to learn how to know if you are investing with a good operator? Check this out now.
Read Article Now

When I took mine there were no computers and you bubbled in your answers on a scantron in an auditorium with a couple of hundred people as the test was only offered once or twice a month. You then had to wait three weeks or so to get your answer in the mail. I passed but those who didn't had to repeat the prioress so it would take those who had to repeat a couple of times 6+ months to get their license 

I just took (and passed) the Florida real estate agent exam.  The test was MUCH harder than I expected, and I was not given a grade either, just "Pass", which was pretty unsatisfying, although I'm obviously very happy that I won't have to deal with Pearson VUE anymore.  

(I went to the Glen Allen, VA location as I was living in VA at the time of my test.)

Pearson VUE is a lousy company as far as I am concerned.  Can I say that on here?  Their customer service is terrible, and they have a huge conflict of interest in that, if you fail, they actually charge you like 40 bucks to review your test and see the correct answers, so the more people that fail, the more money they make.  Isn't that nice?

Pass rates in Florida are quite low (around 50%).
Article on Pass Rates in Florida