• Real Estate Agent
  • Slippery Rock, PA
Votes |
Partner leaving, whats next? Butler County, PA

Brandon Simmons
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Slippery Rock, PA
Posted Aug 3 2016, 06:25

Hello everyone! So to the point, my partner is considering stepping away from being an agent. We got our start at the beginning of the year and have had decent success so far but he doesn't believe he is cut out for it at this time. I can't blame him but this leaves me in a tight spot. I am doing this "part-time" from my regular 9-5 job but being single and not having a family basically makes it a full time job for me as I am constantly always working outside of my normal job. 

That being said, my partner was able to show for me and meet with clients when I couldn't and vice versa. I still like the flexibility of having a team for these occasions, but I'd rather just keep my name as the team and have buyer/seller agents under me so I don't run into needing to change all my marketing, social media, and website content to exclude my former partner from the business name again. 

We plan on meeting with our broker tomorrow to discuss his transition out and my future goals. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and if so what route did you take? Also, what is the best way to finding new team members. Should I try and find an agent within my broker who could also benefit from a partner or search outside of the company (maybe a new licensee looking for guidance?)

Appreciate the responses. 

Brandon