• Real Estate Agent
  • Quincy, MA
Votes |
Repost About Commercial Agent

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Quincy, MA
Posted Aug 22 2016, 13:37

Apologies about this repost but I received no responses on a post I published 6 months ago. Still an open question.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings all!

Backstory: A close friend of mine runs his own commercial / property development business in the Boston area. For years, he has told me to get my license because it would be easy for him to throw things my way since he doesn't usually use a broker.

He tends to acquire 1-2 locations a year and uses his existing contacts to locate a tenant.

Present Day: I passed my sales agent exam two years ago but never did anything with it. I mostly took the exam for the challenge and thought it might be of use someday. Also, I have two kids now so that has sidetracked things.

Question: With no experience, how do I even start down the road of getting into being a sales agent in the commercial area? He mentioned I should find a local broker who focuses on the commercial side and see if they'll mentor and bring me along part-time given my existing connection.

Does anyone have any comments on this? A few people reached out to me for networking purposes and mentioned that the commercial side was a full time only business.

Thanks in advance,

EJ

Loading replies...