• Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Jobs in Real Estate

Douglas T.
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Sep 24 2016, 04:18

I lost my 15 year career as a flight attendant for a major airline in 2011 due to illness.  I've been working really hard to regain my health and strength.  In the next couple of years, my goal is to be able to at least work a part time job in real estate in Fort Lauderdale.  I'm 44 now, and since I was a teenager I've been very passionately interested in real estate.  I own a condo in Chicago that I'm preparing to rent out.  It will be my second rental property in Chicago.  Very early next year, I'll be moving to Fort Lauderdale where I'll be buying a condo during my first year there.  So, I guess I am a bit of an investor, but I'd like to be more involved in the industry.  I really don't think I want to be an agent.  I don't think I'll like or be good at sales.  But, I want to work in the industry and around real estate professionals so I can learn as much as possible and have great real estate contacts when I need them.  I really don't care if I'm just answering phones, but honestly I don't even know what kinds of jobs exist in real estate that I might now know about.  I'd like to get as much education as possible on the industry, and don't mind taking classes to educate myself.  I just don't really know where to start.  I thought about taking a course that people wanting to be agents take just to get the education, but then was told those school are only exam prep schools... and won't necessarily give me the education I'm looking for.  I would be grateful for any advice or direction you all could give me to achieve my goal of working in real estate in some capacity.  Thank you!

Loading replies...