Is Real Estate Express a reputable online school for RE classes?

24 Replies

I'm currently researching online real estate schools that would prepare me for the California RE Sales Agent exam. As such, I'm trying to figure out which schools are reputable and approved by the CA BRE.

Real Estate Express is one online school that I found via online searching. Has anyone taken classes with this company? If so, what were your experiences? Do they offer textbooks as well as e-books?

Also, I noticed that this company offers a Property Management elective, which I haven't seen elsewhere (and which is the primary reason for my interest in this specific real estate school). Has anyone taken a Property Management class with Real Estate Express or another RE school? What did you think - was it worth your time?

And will taking a Property Management class potentially increase my chances of landing a property management job? I'm guessing that upon completing the coursework and passing the final exam, my certificate will denote that I successfully completed this particular class, which I can then show to prospective employers. 

Thanks in advance!

https://www.realestateexpress.com/real-estate-lice...

Yes, I took both my Georgia salesperson license coursework and by Georgia brokers license coursework with Real Estate Express.  I was pleased with the courses and the online platform.  

I just finished up my 3 courses through https://www.rockwellinstitute.com/

I was considering RE Express, but Rockwell Institute had better reviews. I think it's a tad more expensive (less than $100 difference), the interface is really easy to use, and the tests/quizzes they offer have been greatly beneficial. They also offer a ton of electives, I went with Legal Aspects of RE. 

If you have any questions about Rockwell Institute just PM me! Good luck :)

@Andrew Smith are you planning to move to California in the near future? Whereabouts?

Originally posted by @Travis Hughes :

Yes, I took both my Georgia salesperson license coursework and by Georgia brokers license coursework with Real Estate Express.  I was pleased with the courses and the online platform.  

Thanks for the input!

Originally posted by @Alex Capozzolo :

I just finished up my 3 courses through https://www.rockwellinstitute.com/

I was considering RE Express, but Rockwell Institute had better reviews. I think it's a tad more expensive (less than $100 difference), the interface is really easy to use, and the tests/quizzes they offer have been greatly beneficial. They also offer a ton of electives, I went with Legal Aspects of RE. 

If you have any questions about Rockwell Institute just PM me! Good luck :)

Thanks for the tip about Rockwell Institute! I'll take a closer look into it per your advice.

BTW, I'm looking to move to Los Angeles. I'd complete the online coursework here in NYC, then fly out to Southern California to take the real estate Sales Agent exam.

Nice very cool! Best of luck, there's plenty of money to be made here in CA. 

Here are the guidelines for applying to take your exam once you're here:

http://www.dre.ca.gov/Examinees/ApplySalesperson.h...

Thanks again! Appreciate the well wishes.

So I was looking at the Rockwell Institute website and saw that they offer a Property Management elective, which I'd be interested in taking. It's listed as a "Correspondence Course" as opposed to an "Online Course" - what does this mean? 

Also, is the study material for the courses strictly online, or do you have the option of purchasing actual hardcover textbooks?

From what I've gathered, The Correspondence Courses don't come with the online click-through review course. For the Property Management course, you would get a textbook and access to take the quizzes for each chapter online (which you can review an infinite amount of times) and the final exam online. 

For the "Online Courses", you will get the online review course, access to quizzes and final exam online, AND physical textbooks. 

So for both Online & Correspondence, you will receive physical text books for the courses you choose (which essentially contain the same information that the online click-through review courses but are obviously less interactive). I went with the online courses, but that is all based on preference! 

Hope this helped !

From what I've gathered, The Correspondence Courses don't come with the online click-through review course. For the Property Management course, you would get a textbook and access to take the quizzes for each chapter online (which you can review an infinite amount of times) and the final exam online. 

For the "Online Courses", you will get the online review course, access to quizzes and final exam online, AND physical textbooks. 

So for both Online & Correspondence, you will receive physical text books for the courses you choose (which essentially contain the same information that the online click-through review courses but are obviously less interactive). I went with the online courses, but that is all based on preference! 

Hope this helped !

Awesome - thanks again, Alex! I really appreciate all of your feedback!

Real Estate Express is where I went for my California Real Estate Agent training. It was a simple system when I used it 4 years ago. I did not get any text books as I did not want to pay extra for them, I did get a book of practice exams to prep for the test 1 week before I sat and I think that helped me. When I signed up there as an option for an add on, something like "Pay a lot more and pass the first time guaranteed!" that I skipped also, so I cannot tell you if that was any good, lol.

I did not take the property management courses as I knew the broker I was signing with did not do property management, it also just wasn't my focus! I can't say that taking the course will 100% improve your odds of getting employed at a management firm but I cannot fathom how it would hurt your chances! 

Grats on the career change and I wish you the best of luck!! =)

Originally posted by @Robert Marston :

Real Estate Express is where I went for my California Real Estate Agent training. It was a simple system when I used it 4 years ago. I did not get any text books as I did not want to pay extra for them, I did get a book of practice exams to prep for the test 1 week before I sat and I think that helped me. When I signed up there as an option for an add on, something like "Pay a lot more and pass the first time guaranteed!" that I skipped also, so I cannot tell you if that was any good, lol.

I did not take the property management courses as I knew the broker I was signing with did not do property management, it also just wasn't my focus! I can't say that taking the course will 100% improve your odds of getting employed at a management firm but I cannot fathom how it would hurt your chances! 

Grats on the career change and I wish you the best of luck!! =)

Thanks, appreciate the feedback and the well wishes!

I am currently enrolled in Real Estate Express for Ga. I'm about 40% through the course. I believe it is structured very well so far. My only gripe is that there are terms in the Math portion that are necessarily related to doing the actual math problem but I think should have been explained for understanding as a better agent. Nothing you can't look up online (might even be in the provided ebook). 

There was a purchase tier that provided a physical book but I don't think it is necessary. 

So far I DO recommend the course. 

www.iboardalliedschools.com Great online course, very easy to navigate and complete and was very reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend taking a look at them for California Real Estate license.

Originally posted by @Tim Shepstone :

www.iboardalliedschools.com Great online course, very easy to navigate and complete and was very reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend taking a look at them for California Real Estate license.

Thanks, I'll look into it!

Originally posted by @Tim Shepstone :

Cool, appreciate your input.

Hi Andrew, 

I took my Oklahoma licensing course thru RE Express and and had no problems. As with many online courses, there were some glitches, mostly with differences between national rules and Oklahoma laws. I passed my test the first time and found the course very easy to complete, while working a full time job. I mainly did it because I wanted an online option and also because I found a Groupon for it, and saved some money.

Good luck!

I also finished my courses through RE Express about a month ago. Agree with several others that it was an easy to use interface and I didn't need any textbooks. There are some glitches and I did notice some mistakes but it wasn't too bad. Here's a tip - I would NOT recommend doing the 'pass or don't pay option' - I chose it because they gave me a deal and it was the same price as the cheapest option. However, it forces you to get a 100% on every single quiz before you can move on to the next chapter. I would often miss one question or two and be forced to take the whole quiz again. Painful! 

I finished my REE course about three weeks ago for Florida.  I am a certified teacher.  I have been a landlady for no less than 8 properties for 11 years.  I thought for $60 it might be interesting to try it?  (Other places are about $260) The test costs $36 in FL.  I figured that even if I flunk the test the first time, I can take it again.  I took my test this morning.  I don't feel that this course greatly contributed to my score.  I failed by one point but that's ok.  I'll take the test again.  My issue is that the majority of the questions I knew the answers to weren't from this course.  They were from own experience with RE and my sitting down and reading the 80 pages of legislation dealing with RE in FL.  

The program offers little more than text.  No videos, few diagrams, nothing more than you would get from a generic textbook about Real Estate.  It left a lot to be desired.  I have another textbook that I borrowed from a friend that I think is more relevant  than anything I learned in the course.  I think that will put me over the edge to pass the course.  Honestly, I could take it a couple more times and still come out ahead...so it depends on if you are in a hurry and if you are motivated to study independently.  I can do a lot of studying by myself for $200.  It is really up to you.  =)  But of course, I teach kids how to study for a living.  

Check out this site for more on how to study.  http://www.learningscientists.org/  

Just seeing this post but for anyone else wondering, I just passed my real estate license and used RE Express. My process saved tons of hours of time, and I recommend it for anyone looking to start working sooner than later. From what I was told nothing you learn while studying is applicable in the field (sound familiar?) What I did was click next on every single page without reading, take the quiz and either pass or fail and if you fail they give you the answers. Keep moving along chapters this way, then for the chapter exams I would do similar. You'll get your 3 certificates super fast doing this, and then as far as passing your exam, GO TO THE CLARE INSTITUTE! It's $175 for a 2 day crash course led by this amazing lady Kathleen who literally prepares you to pass the test. Do that, study a good amount prior with her practice exams and class material and you'll be golden. 

As mentioned, it’s easy to “game the system” just to pass the test.  I used it for continuing Ed requirements because it was quick and easy, but still believe a Live classroom is the best for the license exam prep.

@Andrew Smith Yes, I took the course offered by REE in Indiana. Everything went well!

@Florian Sighe did you have to wait the 18 days between taking final exams on each course or is there a work around?  Also if you fail a final exam on one of the three courses can you do the same thing you describe as on the quizzes.  I'm currently enrolled and taking a similar approach as you explained, also based in CA.  I registered with Real Estate Express for $114 for the three courses and that was the cheapest I found online.

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here