Matt Riggi
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Suggestions for continuing education in New York

Matt Riggi
  • Dallas, TX
Posted May 10 2017, 06:57

Hi all,

I'm quickly approaching the expiration date on my salesperson license and that means I need to select a bundle of continuing education courses. Does anyone have suggestions on courses they came away happy with? I know licensees typically just want to get this out of the way but I really want to take something away from whichever course I choose. It would be even better if whatever I go with leads to some sort of certification or designation. From what I've come across, most of the sites offering courses that fulfill the state requirements contain subject matter that's relatively basic. Humbly, I feel as though I have a fairly reasonable foundational understanding for what many of the courses offer, through my self education and work experience, so I'm looking for something that goes a bit beyond this. I've even checked out some of the certificates I could go after at either NYU or Baruch. Topics of interest include:

• Creative financing
  • General investing
  • Negotiating 
  • Deal analysis

I was even considering getting started on the CCIM track, however, I don't believe I'm at the stage where I have the transaction volume to meet their criteria. Any help is much appreciated!

Loading replies...